Problems sticking in gear!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems sticking in gear!
Not really engine but no transmission forums to post in

Been giving the rallye some TLC as I want to get it back out on track in the next few months.

Anyhow, the last few drives out, if I hammer in in 1st and go to change to second, it wont do into second gear, with the gear lever in the neutral position, its still in 1st. After a few pumps of the clutch and wiggle of the gear nob I can get it out of 1st.

My initial thoughts were the linkages, so I swapped my linkages over for some new one at weekend. But driving to work today, its done the same again. Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
sounds like either gearbox...would first think clutch but if you can put it in neutral and its still in a gear then gota be the box
when was last time oil was changed? maybe worth a go

and ADMIN....put a freaking transmission section in for goodness sake!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It has regular oil changes.

Cannot understand how it could be the gear box tho?
Thanks given by:
well withoit getting technical...

it aint the linkages you say and it aint the clutch?
whats left...the gearbox.

its also intermittent which is normally not the case with fixed links or a clutch
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Engine mounts?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
engine mounts?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Engine mounts?!?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 10:25 AM)SKoob Wrote: Engine mounts?!?

you just shouting out random parts of a car...or is there a reason for the OP to think engine mounts are the reason his gears are sticking!? Huh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not the mounts. I've spoke to my bro who thinks its the box. (hes a mechanic) Time to get rebuilding my old box from the look of it.
Thanks given by:
Worn mounts can cause issues with linkages and lead to sticking in gears etc...
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Im on Group N gearbox and top mount and group A lower so the mounts are all good
Thanks given by:
Have you checked tranny oil?

Either that or clutch isnt releasing enough / leaving load on the gearbox, does it do the same in reverse if your stationary?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Oil is fine. Clutch seems fine as it doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally, think its just the box. I've an old box that Im gonna strip down and rebuild after my holidays I think.
Thanks given by: