interior lighting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interior lighting
I have a ph2 dturbo and I've heard you shouldn't tap into the courtesy lighting circit.
is this true?
And if I wanted to fit some footwell lights could I wire them to into the courtesy light?
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I swear someone researched it and found out what you could and couldnt do. I cant for the life of me remember who or where but its on here somewhere!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 11:48 PM)Tom Wrote: I swear someone researched it and found out what you could and couldnt do. I cant for the life of me remember who or where but its on here somewhere!

ok thanks. I've tried the search function but looks.like ill.have go just look through this section of the forum
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I will have a look aswell!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 11:52 PM)Tom Wrote: I will have a look aswell!

thanks. forgot to press the search title button last time so might have better luck now

ok so I've found 3 threads that someone has tapped into this circuit but no one has jumped in and said don't do it it will effect this or that or damage the unit that controles the lighting that fades the lights.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
The unit is called the BSI, there was someone that put lights in the boot under the mirrors all sorts of places. Still cant find it :/

FOUND IT, IN THE POSSIBLY RELATED THREADS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE HAHA!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 12:11 AM)Tom Wrote: The unit is called the BSI, there was someone that put lights in the boot under the mirrors all sorts of places. Still cant find it :/

FOUND IT, IN THE POSSIBLY RELATED THREADS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE HAHA!

that's the one I think I have just found
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-8701.html

Had to use caps because thats so funny.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
type in on the serch function "lighting mod" and search title only you should get 7 results and its by nauest I'm going to have a read now

you beat me to it. ha going to read it now
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Yes you can spline two more lights, just don't go made on fitting anymore else you could have fuse problems etc.
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 12:22 AM)Bender Wrote: Yes you can spline two more lights, just don't go made on fitting anymore else you could have fuse problems etc.

thanks
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
or splice in a feed for a stand alone seperate relay...then you can run LOADS!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 01:02 AM)Piggy Wrote: or splice in a feed for a stand alone seperate relay...then you can run LOADS!

How will you make the relay dim? Ay smart guy Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
with a dimmer relay....dumbass

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1094356768
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Maaaaaan, technology really is moving fast!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
amazing eh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I don't know what all the fuss is about, i added plenty of extra lights to my interior lighting circuit on both my ph3 1.4 (with a bsi, all worked fine including with the dimmer) and my ph2 DT, although i dont have a bsi in the DT, the interior lights work off the door switches. And for anyone saying i obviously didnt have enough lights to cause a problem, i was running a total of 6 x LED spots, 3 x 30cm LED strips, as well as 4 x 10cm LED strips at one point, although they didnt last long due to the location they were in. That was in my ph3! In the DT, i've got 5 x LED spots, and 5 x 30cm LED strips. Both times i tapped into the interior lighting circuit just above the front interior light, no problems at all. Apart from the fact that the adhesive strips are giving up, but im not sure that counts! Tongue
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They invented screws you know for them to be fitted with lol.
Thanks given by:
Nah, blu-tac is the way forward! lol
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 07:06 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: i dont have a bsi in the DT, the interior lights work off the door switches.

if you have central locking the central locking control box reads the door switch's and then the C/L box controls the interia lights Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 08:18 AM)cully Wrote:
(25-08-2013, 07:06 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: i dont have a bsi in the DT, the interior lights work off the door switches.

if you have central locking the central locking control box reads the door switch's and then the C/L box controls the interia lights Wink

I stand corrected. Still works fine though! Tongue
Thanks given by:
i didnt say it wouldn't Wink

LED's take a fear less current than normal filament lamps
so your able to add quite a few more compared to filament type before comming to the limits of the C/l box
Thanks given by:
yeah LEDs draw such a tiny diddy amount of amps its stupid...but at the same time really clever and cool
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've wired LEDs into the interior light in the past. No problems except looking silly Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 10:03 AM)Grant Wrote: I've wired LEDs into the interior light in the past. No problems except looking silly Wink

You dont need LEDs for that mate. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Leave my Burberry out of this blad! Braaap
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post