Spring clip bottom rad hose

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring clip bottom rad hose
Hi all, I recently fitted a new nissens rad to my ph1 6, had to get a spring clip type bottom hose to replace my bayonet type hose. Fitted it and was fine for 2 weeks, it has now popped off and lost all my coolant Dodgy I'm thinking this might be down to how I fitted it so just want to be certain, anyone got any pics of theirs fitted? How far in should the hose go? How should the spring clip fit in? Or is it just a shite design?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
I can't remember the exact design but make sure the recesses in the hose line up with the bits in the radiator so the C clip can properly lock it in place. You might need to bend the tabs on the hose out a little more.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
The hose will push in until the metal flange is touching the radiator. Push it in as far as possible (should be some resistance. If not, you need a new hose seal) and put the clip in and make sure all 3 flat sides are in the recesses in the radiator.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wd40 or fairy liquid slides on with ease
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Just got in from sorting this out, ended up taking bumper off so I could see what was going on all the way round. Hopefully its going to stay put this time Smile
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
I found a bit of silicone grease on the seal realy helped sliding it in (giggity). Oil based lubes probably not the best idea as it may eat the rubber.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does this clip to? MisterGTR 6 1,331 19-10-2014, 08:36 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Bottom radiator hose. Mikey 7 3,629 04-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Niall