T2 and Bosch sat for five years?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T2 and Bosch sat for five years?
I know a chap with an xantia which the head gasket went on 5 years ago, it has sat still ever since, he says I'm welcome to what ever I'd like, is the pump likely to still be any good? Same with the t2 really, I'd imagine the t2 would be okay just the pump I'm a bit wary about! Cheers, Mitch.
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
If the pump has had diesel in it it may be ok. May need a seal kit, worst case scenario the vanes are f*cked.

Take it anyway and have a look over it.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Probably be alright tbf, if it's not been touched in five years, chances are its still full. What can you lose?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Glad someone asked this cos mine been sat for 9 months an was worried. Will just fire it up lol
Thanks given by:
if its had fuel in it, not petrol obviously, then theres no reason why not.
worth flushing the turbo bearings out with wd40 or similar then some nice oil
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just as a matter of curiosity, what if the pump had been sat empty for quite some time?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
buggered
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ill try and get around to getting it off sometime this weekend, cheers guys!
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 07:56 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Just as a matter of curiosity, what if the pump had been sat empty for quite some time?

Could actually be OK, but if it's completely dry or has had damp in it, then you're gonna be looking at a lot of rusty bits!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Hmm....might have to look at finding another pump then, the one currently residing under my desk has been empty since it arrived with me, and who knows how long beforehand! Sad
Thanks given by:
FFS, still not fitted it?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
crack off the top and see whats going on
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You need more than sitting dry to "bugger" a pump, itl need to be full of water etc to acaully f*ck it...even then you can normally recover them....if there sat dry at worst the rotors in vane pump can get a bit stuck, just whip it apart and check it out / try firing it up..
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 07:32 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: FFS, still not fitted it?

No, still not fitted. Defo need to strip it down and reseal it before fitting it now though. Might just have to mtfu and get it done. Cant be doing with this lucas shit much longer! lol
Thanks given by:
Check it out first, I have pumps from 93 low milers and the seals are fine. A real easy way to get a general idea on the condition - hook it upto your current fuel line, and pump some diesel through it until it comes out. If its clean or tinged yellow, its fine. Obviously if its a heavy orange with bits then worth inspecting further.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump years fitted Saloon306 10 2,122 24-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31