Best mix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best mix
Been trying a lot of different fuels and mixes recently.

My favourite at the moment is 50% veg 30% diesel 15 % waste oil 5 % petrol.

Car runs nicely on this.

Have you found a certain mix which makes your car run better? Sound better? Or perform better?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
100% diesel it runs and sounds and performs very well! lol

I try loads of different mixes depending on what I am using as my veg...my latest is tescos veg oil, rapeseed.
I managing to get it at about 90p a litre with vouchers so I am living with that.

95%rapeseed.5%petrol with a 50:1oil mix. runs and starts a dream. no flat spots
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I usually run 80/20 WVO/misfuel, which usually results in 80/10/10 or there abouts WVO/diesel/petrol. Depends on the blend of the misfuel, I test it with a hydrometer first. Some batches are nearly all diesel! I also treat my batches with 2-ethylhexyl nitrate (cetane booster).
Thanks given by:
yeah just a bit of petrol to thin it tbh and maybe a bit of 2 stroke or engine oil, depends what's kicking about . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
free misfuel / white spirit / old engine oil FTW on my old 106 Big Grin

off road running of coarse as its ileagal to run tied oils as fuel
Thanks given by:
100% Sunflower oil smells best
Thanks given by:
I found cetane booster became a waste of money.

did a couple of full tank tests with/without.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What additive were you using Piggy? I was sceptical it would do anything, but I've been using it 2 years now. Cold starts in winter are definitely improved, and I do think the car runs better. Indeed there are research papers that demonstrate the difference a cetane booster can make. The overwhelming opinion veggie forums is that it worth the money, and getting those guys to spend money on anything is very difficult! All in all it costs less than 1ppl anyway.
Thanks given by:
cant remember was over a year ago I stopped using it.

was just too much faff for me when I couldnt see the benefit.

I should look into it again as I know theres been a couple new boys on the block.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ten litres of diesel and a bottle of stp, didn't like it at first, but f*ck me i think it's gained another 15hp!!!*

*figure may or may not be accurate/sarcastic
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
100% WEO like a boss
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave, do you bother filtering yours?

Thanks given by:
These off the shelf cetane boosters probably are a waste of time. The active ingredient is 2EHN but it's usually there in a low concentration. Try some big boy cetane booster Smile

http://www.trinity-research.co.uk/produc...ucts_id=49
Thanks given by:
Misfuel? Where would one go about getting this?
I guess its just fuel that has been contaminated or something?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's fuel drained from a car that has had the wrong fuel put in it. A guy that runs recovery trucks lets me help myself as it costs him £50 a drum to get rid of. While a 50/50 blend is actually difficult to ignite, I would urge some common sense when handling the stuff. I only take what I need, use an all plastic pump to transfer, and keep it in sealed HDPE containers. I blend it with the WVO at the nearest opportunity so it isn't lying around. I let it settle then filter straight to 1 micron, it makes filtering so much easier.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2013, 04:58 PM)cully Wrote: free misfuel / white spirit / old engine oil FTW on my old 106 Big Grin

What Fuel pump was you doing this on?

Thanks given by:
100% rapeseed at 98p a litre, no starting issues and pulling as well as it was on diesel Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
oh yeah i have a bunch of misfuel from work too, quarter of a tank in a passat of derv, then the guy put 40 quid of petrol in it lolz. top up on the veg when it goes in.

Thanks given by:
(22-08-2013, 06:32 PM)ally406 Wrote: These off the shelf cetane boosters probably are a waste of time. The active ingredient is 2EHN but it's usually there in a low concentration. Try some big boy cetane booster Smile

http://www.trinity-research.co.uk/produc...ucts_id=49

good link that

a lot cheaper too than I used to pay.

what amount do you use per 20L of veg?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Dosage is 0.1%, so for 20L would be 20ml? PM me your address, I'll drop a sample out in the post if you like.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2013, 08:51 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(22-08-2013, 04:58 PM)cully Wrote: free misfuel / white spirit / old engine oil FTW on my old 106 Big Grin

it had a bosch pump Wink

misfuel is a mixture of diesel and petrol from cars that put the wrong fuel in at filling stations

if you have a friendly garage they will give it to you for free or cheap as they have to pay to despose of it after they have removed it from customers cars
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 12:23 AM)cully Wrote:
(22-08-2013, 08:51 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

it had a bosch pump Wink

misfuel is a mixture of diesel and petrol from cars that put the wrong fuel in at filling stations

if you have a friendly garage they will give it to you for free or cheap as they have to pay to despose of it after they have removed it from customers cars

oh im on a lucus Sad all tho im running bio-diesel so no idea how long pump will last and once it dies hopefully will be haveing a 306 Bosch on.

Thanks given by:
(22-08-2013, 10:12 PM)ally406 Wrote: Dosage is 0.1%, so for 20L would be 20ml? PM me your address, I'll drop a sample out in the post if you like.

nah its ok

once the 2.1 is going I'll get some. £14 is half what I used to pay!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: