Help trouble with the tune :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help trouble with the tune :(
Hi all just finished doing the lda mod and put it back together, went out for a drive and it all ready feels like it kicks in harder, the psi now sits around 14 to 15. So test drive over i went home and turned the fuel up 1 turn. the car went crazy ideling at 1500rpm when hot. I found where the idel scews are but these dont make much differance at all!!!!, what doing this? Not like ive turned the fuel up loads.

Before i start with the wastegate i need to get the car to idel Sad any idea im stuck
Thanks given by:
well there's a guide on Bosch setup on here i'd advise reading that, the idle screws should work unless you've turned pump up a lot, btw one turn is quite a lot . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
You have to wind out the screw on the back of the pump so that the throttle arm can sit back further. I think.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ive now turned the fuel scew back half a turn and it seems to be ideling ok now,

I used the guide and written the information down, but it reads easyer then it is.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2013, 12:45 PM)underground375 Wrote: Ive now turned the fuel scew back half a turn and it seems to be ideling ok now,

I used the guide and written the information down, but it reads easyer then it is.

it's understanding how the pump works really mate, there's a few ways of getting the idle down . . is the coldstart cable too tight so the idle isn't coming down to the hot screw? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
get the throttle arm sorted so you can drop the idle, then you can increase max fuel a bit.
may want to play with the lda spring too after that as you may find it too on/off
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
looking at it, it looks fine now the cars hot its sitting on the hot idel scew, ive been playing with the throttle arm loction and maage to get the idel down by moving the arm back, then replacing the throttle cable in the new loction :S
Thanks given by:
whats boost at now? full chat in 3rd/4th?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
most ive got it to is 19/20, thats th elimit on the k14 on mine :S

Ive been playing with the fuel trying to keep the smoke levels down, theres improvement but not loads. i need a fine tune which i would need help with at a later date. Been at it for hours so im going to pack it in now, i reckon i will not get much more out of it, a skilled person would tho Sad
Thanks given by:
im hitting 22-24psi on my k14 with bosch and its barely even turned up.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah that doesnt seem much.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hmm. You should defo be boosting more than that, my old k14 would hit 30psi before I turned it back down.
You could well have a boost leak if it's not going higher or there is not enough fuel going in to produce the boost.
As for the high idle as said you need to adjust the hot/cold idle screws on the back of the pump, if that has no effect you may need to adjust the wax stat cable coming from the back, or just disconnect it for now.
If you a're ever by me give me a shout and I'll help you out fella

Oh and move the anti stall screw so the throttle rest further around Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
After sitting a while covered in oil I decide that I wasn't going to be beaten, so I went back out ot the car to get evan more dirty, I wound the turbo in the most it would go. With a scew driver that is. Question, the more you wind it in the harder it gets? as I still have about 5 threads left on bar????

Messed with the fuel abit more then reset the idle by moving the arm and adjusting the stall screw, and hay much better, im now running 10psi in first 17 psi in second and 22psi in3/4. But it must still have more to give, like londondan86 said he was hitting 30?

Looked at the fmic and i see abit of oil coming out the corner of the adapter plate to the inlet manifold, so boost leek, doesn't look bad but at higher pressure it would be.

But main thing I need to no is my question about the turbo. Smile ^^^^
Thanks given by:
Well that sounds like progress! I would get the boost leak sorted before you go any further as you may be straining the turbo hard to make 22psi with a leak. You may well need to turn it back down once you have the leak sorted so be careful with your right foot!
As for the wg im not too sure how many threads there are it will just be a bit of trial and error to get it right Smile

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's my plan a action tomorrow, but when I got the fmic second hand it didn't come with a gasket for the adapter plate, I tried using the original D seal off the tmic and abit of liquid gasket but this just doesn't last. Anyone now how I can make one? I tried that paper gasket stuff which was pointless.
Thanks given by:
Ahh, that will be the problem then! lol

This is the stuff I have used before with no issues:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mr-Gasket-77B-...58953cb47c

They do different sizes iirc

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Looks promising, you just cut this out to match the plate then just bolt down? sounds simple if so lol
Thanks given by:
Yep, just use the manifold to make a paper template then transfer that onto this material. Torque it down using the tmic torque settings

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still in trouble with Timing. locodriver 65 2 1,009 10-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Last Post: locodriver 65
Thumbs Down having trouble Matt 24 2,765 24-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  trouble after bosch pump upgrade randomcaller 55 8,248 21-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Last Post: randomcaller