6 with 1.6 205 gti box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 with 1.6 205 gti box
came across this on Gumtree,

www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/peugeot-205-gti6/1028976562

mentions using a 1.6gti 205 box on a 6 engine with a diesel 5th gear to keep the revs down on the motorway

Anyone seen it before or have any info if its be possible to do the same with a 6 box? Thinking how to improve economy for long journeys without compromising a road drivability and fun factor
Thanks given by:
Err not sure of the logistics of that tbh but the 1.6box is supposed to be excellent for spirited driving. Shorter first gear so you don't drop off cam quite so much when changing to 2nd...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I didn't think it would be very well matched if I'm honest but given the swap was done by pig performance I'm not sure how/if its been done

Messaged him to see if he's got anymore info about it
Thanks given by:
Fine fitting them, thou I still think they are too long, Mind mine does 60 at 4500rpm in 5th to give you an idea of how short legged it is, the 5th is from a Derv or Mi16, but finding the right bush for it isn;t easy and the gap is silly
Thanks given by:
The Xsara VTS 5 speed Gbox is known to have one of the best ratios similar to an MI16 Gbox. You do have to change over the diff for a 205 one with the VTS crown wheel so it matches the Gbox. Then you can use 205/309 shafts. You could maybe spline 306 shafts with 205 ones but not recommended imo.

The bonus about these boxes is they are newer and due to being in the ugly Xsara VTS it is less likely to have been abused.
Thanks given by: