Been looking at this :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been looking at this :)
Hi all been looking at this http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/index....oschtuning Loads of information, got me a page or so written in my own words for when I do this tomorrow, Question tho, when it comes to the turbo side is it best just to wind the arm all the way in? To get the most psi He gos on about the fuel screw and lda but doesn't say nothing or found nothing about matching this with the psi? In other words if I do the pump the way hes written it then what psi should I be looking for to match the pump modification ?

Or should I just do the lda and fuel mods then mess with the psi until its runs without to much smoke. lol
Thanks given by:
Depends a lot on which turbo you have tbh. The T2 tends to take the most abuse, I ran mine at around 25psi for months with no bother at all. The K14 has similar results but the GT15/K03 will die pretty quick of pushe much over 20.

The rule of thumb for a stage 1 is to wind the fuel up until there is a wisp of black smoke on boost then turn the turbo up until the smoke clears.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
How meny turns would you wind the fuel up before you match it with the turbo? Im looking for about the 25psi mark, and from what I can see I have the k14 on mine.
Thanks given by:
Are you on Lucas or Bosch?

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
bosch Smile
Thanks given by:
Win! Start with a full turn IN, take the cap off the lda housing and throw away the white spacer (check Dan!s guide for full lda setup) screw the boost comp OUT all the way so it hangs on by a thread and do the lock nut back up.
Take it for a run up hill in 3rd if poss to fully load the engine. Check for smoke levels, you may already have around 18psi at this point.
Adjust the k14 by slacking the lock nut and winding the wg in with an Allen key about 3/4 of a turn and repeat run.
Keep going until you are burning completely clean on boost and you are at the desired boost level Smile

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
So you would recommend one turn for fuel to be safe then? As I guess the lda mod will act like more fueling? What sort of gain would you reckon you could get doing what you just said to the letter Smile
Thanks given by:
It's not really about doing it to the letter, there is no science with the xud. What I've said will give you a good base to start, you may need another half turn in the fuel and/or wg, then fine tuning to get a balance.
A good stage 1 tune should see around 130bhp

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Will have me a good go at this tomorrow and report back, +1 on rep mate cheers Smile
Thanks given by: