Newbies.....and loads of them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbies.....and loads of them
this is in no way a complaint...just an obersvation...

there is HUGE amount of newbies joining recently...

does any mods have the figures of amounts in last month/year?!

seems incredible growth!!

Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Scott will have figures, I know he keeps an eye on all the forum stats.
Thanks given by:
In the last week we've had over 45 Smile I'd need to check the other stats to see how many over the last month or year.

Any other requests while I'm there?
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 05:19 PM)Scott Wrote: In the last week we've had over 45 Smile I'd need to check the other stats to see how many over the last month or year.

Yeah, how many have megans?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Make them search the forum before posting a thread Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 05:27 PM)kingy Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 05:19 PM)Scott Wrote: In the last week we've had over 45 Smile I'd need to check the other stats to see how many over the last month or year.

Yeah, how many have megans?

None, but there's a few Megane owners
Thanks given by:
On the subject of searching, could we have something like this when creating a new thread:

[Image: 6lbRfVW.png]

It has said other things in the past, mainly revolving around searching before posting a new thread.
Thanks given by:
It's all good having loads of newbies signing up and posting up a welcome thread, but the question is how many of them are coming back/staying? lol

I can imagine a fair few of them get daunted by the banter on here, and hesitate to come back. I know I did when I first signed up to .net many moons ago, made a few posts and didn't go back for ages.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah but .net sucks like sucking on a tramps soggy sock
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 06:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: yeah but .net sucks like sucking on a tramps soggy sock

Until we had an alternative it had to do though and without it most of us might not know each other. Not been back since it's changed owners so could be different now.

I'll go with no, nearly unreadable when not signed in :/
Thanks given by:
Huge mistake. One of the things that makes this forum so popular is that you can browse every section as a guest. I know, from experience Wink
Thanks given by:
^^^ Probably one of the reasons the GTi6 forum and club 306 seem to of had a massive downturn in their member numbers is the fact you have to pay to be able to do anything useful with their forums. The funny thing is I reckon cos people pay what they can afford / what they think its worth here I don't reckon we are too far off having a similar finances to the other forums
Thanks given by:
I paid for club306 when I first had a 306 but never used it Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
2 are through my doing Smile i joined and persuaded my mate to buy a pug hdi too so he has now joined, i find 306oc different to other forums iv fished through before, im amazed of the in depth knowlage of the hdi guys on here, just taking my time to read through previous topics and posts and build up my own knowledge and learn. And being able to take time out and cry with laughter over some of the off topic posts is epic, although i dont think my missus agrees.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 09:55 PM)JJtheHITMAN Wrote: 2 are through my doing Smile i joined and persuaded my mate to buy a pug hdi too so he has now joined, i find 306oc different to other forums iv fished through before, im amazed of the in depth knowlage of the hdi guys on here, just taking my time to read through previous topics and posts and build up my own knowledge and learn. And being able to take time out and cry with laughter over some of the off topic posts is epic, although i dont think my missus agrees.

lmao

We aim to please...
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 09:58 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 09:55 PM)JJtheHITMAN Wrote: 2 are through my doing Smile i joined and persuaded my mate to buy a pug hdi too so he has now joined, i find 306oc different to other forums iv fished through before, im amazed of the in depth knowlage of the hdi guys on here, just taking my time to read through previous topics and posts and build up my own knowledge and learn. And being able to take time out and cry with laughter over some of the off topic posts is epic, although i dont think my missus agrees.

lmao

We aim to please...

I hope you are implying about the forum and not my missus lmao
Thanks given by:
We can do either lmao

I agree about the hdi/diesel knowledge, it can get looked over in favour of petrol in a lot of places. 106owners for example, there is minimal info on the diesels.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 06:51 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: It's all good having loads of newbies signing up and posting up a welcome thread, but the question is how many of them are coming back/staying? lol

I can imagine a fair few of them get daunted by the banter on here, and hesitate to come back. I know I did when I first signed up to .net many moons ago, made a few posts and didn't go back for ages.

I have done the exact same thing!
+ one of the previous owners of my car I assume was on club306 as there's stickers everywhere on my car but due to the fact you've got to pay and I don't know wether It will be as good as oc I haven't joined even though I would love to find a thread about my car and see what he did to it!!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
^^^ Its shit
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I hated it when I was searching forums that some are unreadable ( well nearly ) unless your a paid up member, loved reading the project threads here so joined oc
Thanks given by:
im a newbie and coming back went to the last ace cafe and got my oc stickers
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 10:23 PM)JJtheHITMAN Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 09:58 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:

lmao

We aim to please...

I hope you are implying about the forum and not my missus lmao

About the mrs mate, we know f-all about cars over here lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I feel right at home
Thanks given by:
This forums addicting, Darren said I should join up way back in the early days, last was the last day I used .net!! Never looked back since Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I wasted my young years at .net

sorry you got me too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I might've made a post or two on .net back in the day.... ninja lol
Thanks given by:
As was I a .net convert. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
RE the OP: I think the recent hike in newbies signing up is a placebo of people just trawling the Newbies board to whore their post count...

I've been noticing it myself recently. Either that or scott has started impressing people from the BMW world with his rims, to the point they feel they have to sign up here!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Im not sure it is...as the figures show a genuine hike
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's just flynn making like 50 accounts a week... Ignor it.. It will be fine.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by: