shot peening con rods ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shot peening con rods ?
Has any body ever hdi rods shot peened got talking to a lad at a pub that own a rcae car and was on about is he running forged rods in his car he said it had his shot peened and they are as nearlly as strong as forged rods and cost about 1/4 off the price any info would be grand
Thanks given by:
If you look at the science behind shot peening, it prevents cracks forming which would develop into total sudden failure, but it wouldnt prevent the slow fatigue and bend of a rod over time, which is 99% what happens with XUD's as they're always all bent when you pull them from a blown block.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
think its worth a bash on hdi rods our not as just looking other things then spending loads of forged roads
Thanks given by:
Don't know much about it but seems like a bit of a Bodge to me IMO if you want stronger rods just go balls out on forged rods
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
f1 cars have shot penned rods prolong life span by 10times got quoted £450 for forged didnt was to bad really
Thanks given by:
£450 for forged rods?
Thanks given by:
yep thats what i got qouted from a engineering place in derby
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 06:52 PM)Teddy Wrote: yep thats what i got qouted from a engineering place in derby

sounds better than the £750 other people have been quoted . . . . .Hmmm time to start saving . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
£450 doesnt sound terrible to me tbh.

but as said its long term 'bend' which ruins them.
you go through some projects on here where people HAVENT blown a rod but HAVE stripped engine and it was running but with bent rods due to huge boost!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea would love to know if they are the same spec as the other ones.
Thanks given by:
The xud rods i pulled from mine were straight and fine. That was 30psi on the k03 for about a year then 6 months on the td04!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox seals shot CJ_Derv 11 2,403 10-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv