Worst delivery service?? (RANT)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst delivery service?? (RANT)
So ordered some brakes for the 106 as some of you no. Hadnt hurd any thing about them so thought i would check the tracking info on there it said delivered so thought, oh they will be in porch (always unlocked) goes to look nothing no card etc, so though hmmmm may be next door has them, just passing the window had a glance out sees a box next to the car on the drive in clear view for ever one passing by to see them Angry

[Image: 111parcle_zpsabb6f7fd.jpg]

I mean how can that be classed as a safe place ?! what a joke really glad i saw them when i did as if scrap man had seen them probably have been gone by now.

Also the box was badly ripped so lucky not to have lost any thing out of it Undecided They really dont take care of any ones parcels....

Thanks given by:
That's nothing mate. I had a delivery of 2 laptops from ebay. City post was the courier. They threw them over my 8ft gate!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had £1200 Quid's worth of desktop PC left outside my front door.

Yup, it vanished.
Thanks given by:
Just say you never got them and make a claim Smile
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got to be Yodel or MyHerpes. They'll hire any old f*ckwit to 'deliver' for them. Collecting is not their strong point either.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Never had a problem with myhermes. Royal mail forget about it
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 09:47 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: That's nothing mate. I had a delivery of 2 laptops from ebay. City post was the courier. They threw them over my 8ft gate!

(21-08-2013, 09:53 AM)Just Sean Wrote: I had £1200 Quid's worth of desktop PC left outside my front door.

Yup, it vanished.

lol guess I should stop moaning about my £30 brakes then :/ still don't take a genius to realise the drive isn't a safe place.

@birk not gonna put a claim in no point but sure will be giveing them a good telling off

@car think it was Hermes but waiting for nail to get back to me to say who it was

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 10:00 AM)Birk Wrote: Just say you never got them and make a claim Smile

You won't get anything.... When it's got 'delivered' on their database that's it. I've tried before.

Funny thing was it turned up two days after they said it'd been delivered. lol

(21-08-2013, 10:07 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Got to be Yodel or MyHerpes. They'll hire any old f*ckwit to 'deliver' for them. Collecting is not their strong point either.

Can't say I've had much problem with either, and have posted over 100 things through those 2 now, you expect one or two issues with that amount though. Yodel even do next day for a good price. And I'm well known to the Hermes guy round here.

The only thing I think they could all improve on is telling you the time they'll arrive - texting at 8am saying they'll be there before 7pm isn't really good enough lol.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it was Hermes. Sorry about this Chris Sad will be putting in a complaint tonight. What's the red label on top of the box say? I didn't stick that on there.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 10:21 AM)Niall Wrote: Yeah it was Hermes. Sorry about this Chris Sad will be putting in a complaint tonight. What's the red label on top of the box say? I didn't stick that on there.

I don't blame you naill, it's hermes fault, the sticker says L/L no idea what that means but it's stuck over an address label

Thanks given by:
Yeah that's your address. They sent me two labels to stick on for some reason
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lots of you guys up country seem to have issues with couriers, they seem to give less of a shit up there :/ I have never had a bad experience with a delivery company touchwood lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've used Hermes a few times sending items with out issue but never received any thing. Till now maybe a one off, but I'm under the understanding if no one is in there supposes to leave it in a "Safe place" I don't consider my drive to be very safe for parcels lol I don't no it's not end of world just annoyed me abit cos could have been very different

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 11:32 AM)Niall Wrote: Yeah that's your address. They sent me two labels to stick on for some reason

Were they both to stick on?

I know Yodel now send an extra one for you to put inside the parcel for if the outside one gets damaged they can check inside for an address.
Thanks given by:
That is piss poor, safe to say i wont be using them again!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 02:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(21-08-2013, 11:32 AM)Niall Wrote: Yeah that's your address. They sent me two labels to stick on for some reason

Were they both to stick on?

I know Yodel now send an extra one for you to put inside the parcel for if the outside one gets damaged they can check inside for an address.

Yes they were which i found very odd as i have sent parcels with them before and as you said, one was for inside the parcel.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Always use a signature system, then you can claim its not your signature?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
myhermes were iffy in hereford, but the guy that collects and picks up from me is sound, knows me now and has a decent van etc.
had one issue with a damaged item and they had sorted a full refund and compensation within two weeks.

royal fail on the other just suck.
even when you do make a claim they just keep passing the buck. so much lost or late with royalfail it amazes me its still going...
I mean WHERE does all the lost mail go??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Royal Mail left my last DSLR which was sent recorded signed for, on my doorstep out the front of my house. It's hard to blame the company for all things like this though, as it's down to the individual to do something stupid. Obviously if certain couriers have more issues then you could question who they hire/how they're doing their job...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best courier service for international delivery Moh 7 1,458 26-12-2015, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Moh
  Worst car happypug 27 4,618 04-11-2015, 11:27 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
  Worst Fuel Price you've seen chylledapps 15 3,046 06-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Toms306