Important! wishbone question please look .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! wishbone question please look .
Exclamation 

just changing my wishbones again and in a nut shell i've sheared the small bolt off that screws into the P bush . . . .guess i could drill it and tap another bolt in if need be but i'm strapped for time a bit . . .

anyway do we think it'll live without it? doesn't seem to do much . .

pic just for reference it's the upper bolt hole in the picture, new wishbone is on the car now . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Absolutely not.
Prevents axial movement of the rear bush around the larger bolt.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yep, you need that one.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
drill and tap another one then i guess . . .Sad . .why do i always break something? . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
How far away from Gainsborough are you?? I have 2 new p bush's you can have if you want them
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 03:31 PM)306Dan Wrote: How far away from Gainsborough are you?? I have 2 new p bush's you can have if you want them

ahh cheers mate but P bushes are cheep enough, i just wanted to avoid the hassle of changing them as i hate that job, bought full arms this time . . Sad

need to get sorted this week too as i'm off down Devon a week today . . .
Thanks given by:
Not a problem, I know how annoying p bush's are
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 03:45 PM)306Dan Wrote: Not a problem, I know how annoying p bush's are

yeah did them last year but it took me all fcuking day lol . . . . .thought narr this time and bought full arms . .Smile
Thanks given by:
If you slip up with drilling/tapping it, tap it out to M10 and fit an M10 bolt instead, the subframe hole is large enough for one, as that's what I use on my wishbone mounts.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 04:05 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: If you slip up with drilling/tapping it, tap it out to M10 and fit an M10 bolt instead, the subframe hole is large enough for one, as that's what I use on my wishbone mounts.

what all the way through the P bush you mean? . . .

sorry . . forget that i know what you mean . . .Smile

do you know what size bolt it's supposed to take Phil?
Thanks given by:
M8x1.25 most likely I don't think there a fine thread
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Looked at the new ones I have here its m8x1.25 like Jenk said
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 05:14 PM)306Dan Wrote: Looked at the new ones I have here its m8x1.25 like Jenk said

beauty . . how long mate? . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
normal bolts are 15mm iirc the threads on these new bushes go 12mm in plus 3-4mm for the sub frame
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 05:27 PM)306Dan Wrote: normal bolts are 15mm iirc the threads on these new bushes go 12mm in plus 3-4mm for the sub frame

legend . . .now, wonder where i can get a couple tomorrow? . . . .Dodgy
Thanks given by:
most motor factors have random bolts in boxs and m8x1.25 is quite a common size, failing that if your near a scrap yard a 306 shock top mount bolt is the right size
Thanks given by:
Scrap yard freebies
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
cheers lads . . . why is nothing ever simple? lol
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 05:31 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(19-08-2013, 05:27 PM)306Dan Wrote: normal bolts are 15mm iirc the threads on these new bushes go 12mm in plus 3-4mm for the sub frame

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bzp-setscrews-...tid=114938
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 08:58 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(19-08-2013, 05:31 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bzp-setscrews-...tid=114938

thanks Phil, i haven't got a tap and die set or for that matter have i ever tapped a hole (giggady), so . .gonna remove wishbone tomorrow and hope there's a bit sticking out so i can remove it . . . . Undecided
Thanks given by:
Yer hamfisted bugger.
Thanks given by:
How did you do them so tight?! I done mine with a heavey handed 1/2inch ratchet and they didnt break!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2013, 01:47 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Yer hamfisted bugger.
result today . . . . managed to stake the remainder out with a screwdriver, found a suitable bolt off an old Bosch pump and fitted it . . . .not so good result, just finishing other side now and they've given me an 18mm balljoint wrongly and it's riveted on ffs . . .phoned parts place now and they're phoning me back if they've got one in stock . . Sad
(20-08-2013, 01:51 PM)Tom Wrote: How did you do them so tight?! I done mine with a heavey handed 1/2inch ratchet and they didnt break!

i'm hard as nails and twice as sharp mate lol . . . it's my favourite trick and it was only one handed with a 1/4 drive . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Didn't forget the washer did you?
If they bottom out in the thread they'll snap very easily.
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2013, 02:55 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Didn't forget the washer did you?
If they bottom out in the thread they'll snap very easily.

no . . . .tbf it's an 18 year old bolt, it's had a decent life . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Used your right hand instead of your left?
Wink
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2013, 03:51 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Used your right hand instead of your left?
Wink

yes yes yes . . and you know what an amazing wanker i am . . lol
Thanks given by:
finally, 15 mile round trip to exchange the part and just finished, i know by now these things are rarely smooth sailing lol . . . . .

i ought to write a guide now as i'm the fcuking wishbone master . . .all i want now though is beer . .cold cold beer . .lol

i will offer one tip though, when trying to put the big bolt through the P bush and the antiroll bar mount, undo both the droplinks, it's nearly impossible if you don't . . Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it important for rear tyres to be balanced? THE_Liam 14 4,208 11-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Danny2009