gearbox leaking at shaft

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gearbox leaking at shaft
i have a 306 here its a 1998 d turbo and the gearbox was crunching in second so i got a man to put a gearbox of a 1995 d turbo in it i noticed it was leaking oil on the drivers side shaft so i jacked it up today and noticed that the shaft isnt pushing into the gearbox far enough to seal so do i need a drive shaft out of a 1995 d turbo or do i need the carrier bracket that holds the shaft ? HuhHuh cheers
Thanks given by:
The drivers side shaft should be held in an intermediate bearing....I'm guessing yours isn't? If that's the case all it needs is the bearing screws tightening up to pull it into position.
Thanks given by:
when the shaft is held in the intermedite bearing its not pushed into the box enough to seal i think the shaft is too short is there a difference in phase one and phase two shafts ?
Thanks given by:
I'm wondering if it's similar to the problem i had on the Rallye, Was the speedo housing checked to be the same?

The above i'd class as a last resort, but just in case i'd also consider renewing the Driveshaft seals and making sure the driveshaft is all the way in (check where it bolts in to see if the collar is fully enclosed around the shaft).
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  throttle shaft leaking fuel vincent1 7 1,429 05-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Last Post: vincent1