Fuse box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuse box
Adams at work and not answering his phone and I'm a woman so I'm generally paranoid anyway! The fuse box inside the car is ticking? Is that normal! I'm here panicking the car is gonna catch fire haha!
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
umm no its not normal
Thanks given by:
thats relay in there ticking

could try opening the fuesbox and pulley out the ticking relay...see what happens. tiz what i would do
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hahah!! It's never ever done it before its blowing fuses all the time(windows and sunroof) but never heard the ticking :/

What's that mean? Hahah! I don't even no how to take the fuses out lol
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Just went out to the car and its still ticking? That's over an hour :/
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Dies it still start and run OK?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah all runs that's why I can't work out where it's coming from ? Seems to have been the brown box in the picture? When I moved it the ticking stopped? But will give it half hour and go check again no doubt it will be ticking again Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
could be just a poor earth/connection.

worth removing it totally, cleaning the spades and putting it back in
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
On that note Il just pull it out and leave it for Adam to sort if it still ticks il tale everyone of them out haha
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
its likely something may not work if you do that though...they werent put there for looks!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Il go out and look in a bit! Does anyone know what that brown box is for? It stopped the ticking?
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Quote:Does anyone know what that brown box is for? It stopped the ticking?

Quote:It's never ever done it before its blowing fuses all the time(windows and sunroof) but never heard the ticking :/

My bet is it has something to do with windows and sunroof.....

But there is a sure fire method of finding out what it is for.... pull it out.. It controls the bit that stops working Smile (you won't damage anything by pulling the relay out..trying everything out.....and replacing it if you need it)
Thanks given by:
The windows and sunroof don't work anyway! It keeps blowing fuse after fuse! As the wires are all broken in the door! But it's been like that for a while only today it started ticking? Could it be linked like you said?
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Hi 
Pug Lovers

Is this fuse no 29 30A
As I have the same issue keeps blowing
 Windows do not work I have disconnected both door connections
and still it blows the fuse .  .......Dose anyone know what the engine running supply means as these are apparently linked with the same fuse no 29 on a 30 fused box.
Every thing else is working fine engine starts and runs like f.

I am hoping someone can enlighten me on this issue.

Regards  ZAPPA
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2015, 07:33 PM)zappa Wrote: Hi 
Pug Lovers

Is this fuse no 29 30A
As I have the same issue keeps blowing
 Windows do not work I have disconnected both door connections
and still it blows the fuse .  .......Dose anyone know what the engine running supply means as these are apparently linked with the same fuse no 29 on a 30 fused box.
Every thing else is working fine engine starts and runs like f.

I am hoping someone can enlighten me on this issue.

Regards  ZAPPA

rear wiper fooked , grey wire under passenger footwell , disconnect , took my auto spark 6 hrs to find lol
Thanks given by: