Flat spots in acceleration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat spots in acceleration
Hi everyone, been a little issue for a while now so thought id ask about on here briefly, basically, under flat out accelerating throughout the gears, especially in 3rd and 4th theres fair like flat spots/pauses in the acceleration as its climbing (particularly around 3krpm and up)

Im running 100% veggy, and have changed the fuel filter twice in 2k miles which was my first thoughts on the matter, however now im filtering my oil to 1 micron id have thought that has ruled out slightly dirty fuel?

1st and second gears are fine and she pulls as it should

Lastly, she has a minor fueling leak from the top of the pump which is to be sorted soon (Hopefully) could this be the problem? again, as 1st and 2nd gears are fine id have thought this was ruled out?

It feels as if its fueling related to me, possibly turbo though??? just doesnt seem to want to hold its boost in higher gears, when im 5 up going up hill flat out its rediculous wont hold much power at all.

ansome job cheers! Big Grin andy
Thanks given by:
Its the veg
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Yeah I'd say its the veg being just a tad tok thick to draw through as much as needed.

Thought of going for a freer flowing filter (hear the one Max runs from an Audi TT does the job nicely)

1st and second when it pulls you'll be draining so hitting top of third its drained and has to catch up with itself lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2013, 07:48 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Yeah I'd say its the veg being just a tad tok thick to draw through as much as needed.

Thought of going for a freer flowing filter (hear the one Max runs from an Audi TT does the job nicely)

1st and second when it pulls you'll be draining so hitting top of third its drained and has to catch up with itself lol

this^^^^^^^^ sucks but there you go, try mixing 3-5 litres of petrol to a full tank of veg and adding some cetane booster . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ok just for piece of mind i wanted to know it was the veggy Big Grin

would it cause issues with a stage 1 tune as well im guessing?? as this was the plan once my pump is strong,

you got a link to the free flowing filters ??

Cheers for quick respones Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Have you tried cleaning the in tank pickup? Mine did this until I cleaned it out...
JP
Thanks given by:
As said Andy its just the pump starving for fuel / dropping IPP due to the thick fuel, all you can do is remove an restrictions you can to try and help, so in tank pickup worth checking at JP said, altho given your cars milage, its likely fine...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I have a spare tt filter pm me
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  possible bosch pump problem/ no acceleration simonh 15 2,911 20-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: simonh
Thumbs Up Flat spots running Veg?? read on >>>> Mattcheese31 54 12,080 08-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  50-80 acceleration times. daveylennon93 17 3,844 17-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: kelvsere