lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lights
i have a phase 2 and was wondering if putting phase 3 crystals on it is as simple as take the old ones out and plugs the crystals in ??
Thanks given by:
Should be! I think there is a twinoptics issue. IIRC and somebody correct me if i am wrong... in P2 headlights when high comes on the dim goes off? In P3 i think that both stay on. Anyway itll still work but it will just mean that you dont have the dipped beams on at the same time as the high beam.

To get around this you just have to swap over the stalk on the steering wheel for a P3 one! Either way they will work and yes it is just a straight swap!Easy! Big Grin

Basically yeh just put on the crystals and if they dont work as expected then you know what the problem is!

EDIT: Or the one lamp being on at a time might be a P1 thing :/
Thanks given by:
I know the s16 and ph1 gti have twin optics so need the stalk not sure about ph2/3
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above, the ph2 lights have a single H4 bulb and the ph3 crystals have twin H7 bulbs, sams spot on that you need to change the stalk and with everything else said in the above just to confirm it Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:As above, the ph2 lights have a single H4 bulb and the ph3 crystals have twin H7 bulbs, sams spot on that you need to change the stalk and with everything else said in the above just to confirm it Smile

^^ Yes after two years I know something about 306s! Get in!
Thanks given by:
Just thought, something else to add, you would also need to swap the level adjusters across from the ph2 lights as IIRC the plug is different Smile

SRowell Wrote:^^ Yes after two years I know something about 306s! Get in!

lol have a medal, hehe
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Just thought, something else to add, you would also need to swap the level adjusters across from the ph2 lights as IIRC the plug is different Smile

SRowell Wrote:^^ Yes after two years I know something about 306s! Get in!

lol have a medal, hehe

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

also fitted p3s in all 4 of my p2s and only swaped the level adjuster not the stalks

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah ph 2 and 3 level adjusters are different, I followed a thread on pugnet for the best tactic and yeah change the stalk for a twin optic one for both bulbs to work properly - about 2 hrs for light/adjuster and stalk swap Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by: