Gear box mount

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear box mount
Rainbow 
I've been looking at the mounts trying to work out which one it might be. I couldn't see much movement but after taking the battery tray out. I can see the gear box mount moving about when pushing the engine forwards and backwards so chances it will be this one?

Is there much movement on the gear box mount by hand?

306 hdi
Thanks given by:
yeah the standard ones are quite fleixble. a new one helps. but I find it to be the sloppiest
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It is good to replace other mounts as well - with new only one rest two will be damaged much faster. But the one on bottom is not easy changed without press and remounting axle - probably information are in guides
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2013, 09:00 PM)emmerce Wrote: It is good to replace other mounts as well - with new only one rest two will be damaged much faster. But the one on bottom is not easy changed without press and remounting axle - probably information are in guides

Can this one be seen moving much the bottom one?

I know somebody with a press no problem.
Thanks given by:
do you know if the mounts been undone? the gearbox mount has a metal sleeve inside that is pretty easy to lose if its undone
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2013, 09:35 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote:
(27-08-2013, 09:00 PM)emmerce Wrote: It is good to replace other mounts as well - with new only one rest two will be damaged much faster. But the one on bottom is not easy changed without press and remounting axle - probably information are in guides

You can do it without removal of the casing and a press... if you buy a powerflex polybush which is well worth the money as even OEM bottom bushes die pretty quick and powerflex give lifetime warranty.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2013, 11:57 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(27-08-2013, 09:35 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote:

You can do it without removal of the casing and a press... if you buy a powerflex polybush which is well worth the money as even OEM bottom bushes die pretty quick and powerflex give lifetime warranty.

^^ This for the bottom mount! As its so easy in comparison also worth replacing the rest at same time, as mentioned they will commit suicide once one is replaced as they are the weakest links .... happened on mine after replacing the bottom i had to replace gearbox and now i have noticed a crack in the buffer and play in the mount so both will be replaced soon when i don't know but i will lol
Thanks given by: