Possibly engine mount?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly engine mount?
Hi got a bit of a slight problem

replaced the balljoint and the problem has got better but not completely gone

basically if i pull off fast or let off the throttle i hear a knock and it like judders/vibrates as i dump the clutch to change gear mostly at lower speeds but once im into 3rd it seems to eliminate the problem.

could this be a sign of worn engine mounts?
Thanks given by:
lower engine mount IMO

have a look underneath at it while someone rocks the engine
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i'll take a look at that. another problem i had someone queried the lower engine mount so ill just get it done for peace of mind.

is it a easy job?

p.s

just jacked up the car the up and down movement in the wheel has gone but slight side to side movement possible wheel bearing issue aswell? or something more sinister
Thanks given by:
Drop links is my next port of call to replace thought it was lower engine mount/wheel bearing but tried putting brake on to see if it eliminated the play but its still there

In regards to engine mounts im just going to change all 3 because i can im OCD like that and rather the car feels tight before i start fiddling with other bits

Found a powerflex lower engine mount

cant seem to find any powerflex ones for the gearbox/top do they exist or are there any other alternatives that are better than standard but dont increase vibration vastly?

or are the standard top/gearbox mounts sufficient whilst using a lower powerflex?

Cheers
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top rubber engine mount Pearcey1995 2 1,015 01-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Last Post: gregpurdie16
  Facelift berlingo d turbo rear engine mount problems Jamieh2013 7 2,304 12-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  Rear engine mount help ADV_93 3 1,064 29-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Last Post: ADV_93