Broken..again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken..again!
So I eventually get the old 205 up and running again with the new turbo (big thanks to Mattcheese!) only boosting around 20psi due to the wastegate but meh it ran that's the main thing..
So was driving back home and decided to give it a hoon in 3rd, up to the the red line, dip clutch to go into 4th and it runs always so I slammed it in 5th and went hard on the brakes and pull into a lay by.
I got out to check for obvious rod destruction but nothing majorly visible, no extra oil leaks just the rocker (standard). Check the belt, still tight.
Go to stars it it really really struggles plooming grey clouds runs for a second or 2 after a few cranks but very very lumpy and any throttle kills it.
I don't have to the time to properly diagnose the problem but I think it may be the timing which has jumped. Or the dreaded rod failure!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Was with Ginge yesterday when you called him. Sucks man. Hope you get it sorted soon
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Ah what a shitter man, I hope it's timing slip rather than rods letting go! Sad
Thanks given by:
How high did it rev?

Could just be something internally in the pump? Things are far more liable to snap if you've got a shimmer solid governor cradle....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Thats crap dude, hope you fix it soon!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
When i heard this; it sounded timing related; that'd be my first port of call. and go from there. keep me posted, i'll pop round if you get frustrated ThumbsUp x
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2013, 08:01 AM)ginge191 Wrote: When i heard this; it sounded timing related; that'd be my first port of call. and go from there. keep me posted, i'll pop round if you get frustrated ThumbsUp x

Seconded, I can come and drink tea whilst I watch you get frustrated
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the support, much appreciated as my patience for this car is wearing thin and selling it is getting tempting sadly.

I check the timing which is all fine, its getting fuel and air so the only thing must be loss of compression but there's no visible signs of it.
The only thing I can think is praps the pump internal timing has f*cked up somehow?
Any suggestions? All is does when cranked is smoke grey/black smoke and tries to fire, any throttle and it completely cuts any chance of firing.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
ahh balls......well if it ran away, could something be fcuked with the pump? Seems weird that any throttle is making it cut out, if timing was out revs should help it run to my mind...hmmmmm hope u get it sorted mate.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
sounds like too much fuel getting through?!

worth whipping the pump hat off??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm on phone but I replied to ur fb message chap,hope that helps
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by: