New Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Daily
So as some of you may know, my circumstances have changed recently... My mum has just entered retirement and my dad will be following in the next few years, so they decided now is about the right time to change their car... So they've gotten a Honda Accord 2.2 i-DTEC ES GT - which to be fair, is absolutely lovely, to drive especially, it's an absolutely cracking engine, great chassis for such a big car and it'll be reliable...

So that's left them to get rid of their current car, which I've taken on...

[Image: KvOHyTL.jpg]

Can you tell what it is yet?!

[Image: JYZQ8lz.jpg]

Yep - it's a Volvo V50 2.0D SE - it's absolutely perfect for me, I've changed jobs recently and it's meant the possibly of being all over the country at a moments notice, it's a great job and I love it, but needed something a bit more reliable and comfortable... The V50 covers miles like very few cars of it's size, some of the best seats I've sat in, so smooth, so quiet and efficient, sorta 55mpg+ on a cruise, it's crap round town - sorta mid 40s, but typical heavy car... Best part it's a Euro4 spec, but doesn't have a DPF - so infact damned rare in that respect, cheap tax and no DPF issues.

Don't get me wrong, it's no 306, but considering it's a 1456KG estate, it's unbelievably nimble on it's toes, it turns in nicely, sure footed, sure you've got no f*cking idea what's going on with the front wheels through the steering, but it at least gives you confidence to throw it around a bit... The engine is just a 2.0 136hp 16v HDi on Siemens Management since this is from Volvos era of being owned by Ford - so it's a familiar lump to me, just with the ML6 6 speed gearbox - super long 6th, yet the first few gears feel considerably "sporty" for a lardy estate... It's been owned by my parents for the last 5-6 years, so I know it's history, it's been well looked after, always been serviced properly, had various bits done on it... So I know it's a sound car...

It's got the optional "Premium Audio" system in it from Dynaudio, as I understand on a base spec V50 it's about a £2700 for it - I've literally seen no other V50s with it, from SE it was about £1000 on top... So some fool on purchase paid for it!!! It's bloody amazing, after being in the Live Audio industry for a few years, I can say it's one of the best ones on the market today - you can take your Bose and shove it up...

Also got heated leathers, auto dimming mirrors, a shite traction control system, sunroof, aircon that ACTUALLY WORKS?!?!, cup holders, the list goes on...

Few more photos...

[Image: R3P8fuM.jpg]

[Image: sZubFt5.jpg]
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
looks perfect for work mate . . . . .won't get you any pussy like, well . . . .maybe some cougar lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Wanna swap estates? lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You know I'm absolutely raving for the Cougars anyway!!!

They'll be frothing at the loins for my heated leather.

And Niall, nah cheers xxx

EDIT: Well, if any of my plans for it pull off, then it will be a full blown pussybus.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 07:15 PM)Ruan Wrote: They'll be frothing at the loins for my heated leather.

So will Scott then!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nice legs Wink
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Love it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 07:20 PM)Anton Wrote: Nice legs Wink

Frothing for them!!!

I'll be back soon don't you worry Wink xxxx
Thanks given by:
Lol lol lol.

Cut the springs, matt black, job jobbed.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
Love it, love a good Volvo
Thanks given by:
all volvo joking aside, tidy motor Smile

shame it isn't a v70, else you cold go all pollos hermanos
Thanks given by:
Need more lows.
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:

Ruan hang your head

/endofthread
Thanks given by:
FFS Where the hell did you find that!?

That's not been out in years!!!

[Image: 945.jpg]

That's kinda the idea - BBS CKs or maybe some OE wheels they did on the R Designs... but definitely lows are in order.
Thanks given by:
LMAO wrong picture Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It's no vectra I'm afraid..
Thanks given by:
I actually really like the front end of this generation of Volvo. and as an estate it looks quite nice I must say, I cant comment on anything else as I know nothing about them and have never been in one, but kudos ruan looks, good

No excuse for super duper boosted Xud gti6 now Big Grin unreliable power FTW

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Nice Vulva....
Thanks given by:
Ruan does this one have that floating centre console?

[Image: Volvo_C30_int_stack_float.jpg]

Looks epic imo
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 08:17 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: It's no vectra I'm afraid..

Damn sight better to drive from my own findings I'm afraid!!!

I hate to say it, you know it's bad when GM - yes the great GM, go running to Fiat for an engine!!!! They've ran to Isuzu again for their latest engine!!!!

And yes - has the floating centre console, thank god it's got the Brushed Aluminium console... There's an option for a clear one, Walnut or Swedish Pine!!!

To be fair, you barely even notice the floating console once you're inside, only if you view from outside...
Thanks given by:
I actually really like the sweedish pine! Never thought i would like a wood dash lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
[Image: volvo_s40-v50_interior.jpg]

It's definitely marmite!!!
Thanks given by:
[Image: LVVBF9Q.jpg]

Don't mind if I do!!!
Thanks given by:
Like it. As you say, BBS's and lows = done.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Lovely. I'm looking at one of these only in saloon form for my next daily, but it won't be for another year at least. I never knew it had the HDi from that era.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I can vouch for this car, I was lucky enough to take it for a quick nip up the road...real nice quiet drive, (Ruan does have his seat in a funny position though). Steering it unbelievably light and quick reacting. Feels like a bus inside looking in the rear view mirror...you think 'where does the car end...' but from the outside it doesn't look it. Really would be a nice motorway cruising machine with its awesome audio.

Sorry Ruan, no 'flare' though. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
always liked these.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Like it Smile do have a soft spot for Ovlovs
Thanks given by:
Looks sensible enough for work!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
[Image: volvo-v50-momentum-04.jpg]

#getitdone

In all seriousness, we use to have V40's of the same era as courtesy cars, and the were fecking rank in every way, shape and form.

But they were 1.6 Petrols.
Thanks given by: