XUD Cat / Lambda

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD Cat / Lambda
Hi guys more noob questions... god forbid when i start fiddling with the pump soon lol

Where is the cat located on the XUD is it in the manifold like the 106's i looked underneath and couldnt see anything only a middlebox

im pretty sure it is catted though as it has a lambda sensor but this isnt plugged in? is this a sign of a decat any negative effect having lambda unplugged?

be nice to me im new Smile

Adam
Thanks given by:
A Xud doesn't have a lambda sensor. And the cat it on the down pipe as you look at it just back from the subframe. Though some early Xuds don't have cats.

Get some pics if you can
Thanks given by:
Early XUDs don't actually have a cat, but if it does it will be coming out of the subframe area then joining onto the start of the centre pipe.
You'll also find a severe lack of a lambda sensor on an xud cat Wink
Thanks given by:
1) It doesn't have a lambda
2) If it's a Phase 1 it probably doesn't have a 'cat', some came with a decat out the factory.. but if it does have a cat it'll be engine side after the centre box

EDIT: no replies then 3 at once haha
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hmmm there is some sort of connection thing into the exhaust manifold with a conenctor on it thats unplugged ill get some pics up after work and yeah i forgot to mention couldnt quite see into the subframe ill check and report back

thanks sorry for being silly
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 04:47 PM)adamm306 Wrote: hmmm there is some sort of connection thing into the exhaust manifold with a conenctor on it thats unplugged ill get some pics up after work and yeah i forgot to mention couldnt quite see into the subframe ill check and report back

thanks sorry for being silly

Its not in the subframe, the cat itself is visible from under the car without looking up inside the subframe area.
Thanks given by:
Is the car modified? may possibly be an EGT probe?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
no its completely standard dont think the fuel pump or turbo have ever been touched its on a N p1 so it may not have a cat

ill take some pics on my break and report back lol
Thanks given by:
heres this thing i was on about took a pic of it and also the connector

[Image: IMG_2271_zps6e8083c9.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2270_zps135490c0.jpg]

and do i have an egr? is it inside the box with the red wires? (read the egr is supposed to be behind the battery)

[Image: IMG_2274_zps2b5441c6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2273_zps5e17f3f8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You're looking at the front of the engine, the exhaust comes out the back.
Thanks given by:
take a few steps back Smile

your 'egr' is your glow plug relay.
Thanks given by:
Haha whoops... My bad anyone know what that connector is for though? And cool thanks
Thanks given by:
The first pic is the oil switch and the blank connector could be for aircon clutch
Thanks given by:
hey guys didnt wanna start another new thread really quick question

was following this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4l5on3_IrA

he doesnt mention when screwing the boost compensator on the bosch if its between 1.5-2.5 screws in or screwed out? which one is it i ended up screwing it in as the max fuel one goes in aswell if its out ill have to go change it lol

nevermind sorted it
Thanks given by:
Hey guys was adjusting the Bosch earlier screwed it in quite far and ended up having it idle at 2k rpm so turned it down a bit and was idling at 1.8k so turned it down again etc untill it idled correctly is that the right way to do it?

Feels faster now and smokes a little bit but don't know of I'm just feeling a placebo effect lol

Boost gauge comes Monday so can see what's its boosting and adjust to suit...
Thanks given by:
tur the fuel up... turn the idle down.... till you get more smoke then you want.... then turn the fuel down a bit and set the idle....

the lda should be wound out as much as possible.... the seat for the spring should be wound out slightly (if you want to bother with it)....
Thanks given by:
Yeah lda is nice and far out ill try again in the morning and fiddle with the idle thanks for your help I feel a bit clueless
Thanks given by:
tried to adjust the idle today but the hot idle screw is in a awkward place to get to how do you guys manage to get to it without removing the pump?
Thanks given by: