Peugeot 206 - XUD9 VNT Lash Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 206 - XUD9 VNT Lash Up
awesome, so are you just having it as a "track" car now?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well done mate,great result
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Cheers Guys, I'm amazed that its held together...I dont really abuse it that much but when your climbing the revs I do think something has got to give this time.

(23-03-2015, 11:10 PM)padge Wrote: awesome, so are you just having it as a "track" car now?

Not really into the all track thing...there is a local hillclimb setup near me, if I could get into that (need to be part of an 'invited club') I would consider going up that for a bit as I did enjoy pugfest. The NA gearbox is a bit limiting for a track like Coumbe.

Else I'll pull the engine and put in a corner until I see something interesting to put it in. And the shell will be off to the sky.
Thanks given by:
Was useful for Me and Mark being able to spend some time on the dyno the other day, Its a very capable car this, and really shows what you can do with an XUD on a really small budget in honesty...Makes some seriously good power / torque, in its current state the turbo is right on its limits really, and peak power only possible with excessive injection duration, but that said, backing the fuel off to a level where the car was clean, was still giving a STRONG 190hp, and plenty of torque....which in a stripped out french car, is more than enough to have some serious fun!

I think with some more time on the dyno, the VNT control could be "sorted" quite a bit better, as it almost has "two powerbands" at the moment due to the way its setup, I think some fettling would result in a better curve, and also higher torque midrange, although in some respects this might almost make it worse... Was certainly interesting seeing how the fuel / boost was effecting the power levels, and sounded epic, sadly as normal cameras are incapable of picking up epic diesel boost noise!!

Thanks Mark for bringing it down for testing, helped me out alot also!

I hope this engine / the next generation of motor finds its home into something win to! But its deffo time for the turbo to upgrade, but also shows just what you can do with a mid generation 2256 which can be picked up so cheaply these days!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
be a shame to kill this off Fish, as I can see this been a really powerful little sleeper!
Thanks given by:
Does this mean i can buy it now?! Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
welcome to the 200+ club Smile

Lot of love for this car, would be a good daily with a slight risk of rods letting go at any point - we all like to live on the edge though eh?
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2015, 07:25 PM)procta Wrote: be a shame to kill this off Fish, as I can see this been a really powerful little sleeper!

I know but its the price tag it takes with it. Insurance, Tax, MOT, Fuel, modifications, etc.

(25-03-2015, 09:48 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Does this mean i can buy it now?! Big Grin

Heh, would say that would be ideal to sell as a whole but there a re a few bits I'd like to hold on to as I'm planning on using in the future.

(25-03-2015, 09:55 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: welcome to the 200+ club Smile

Lot of love for this car, would be a good daily with a slight risk of rods letting go at any point - we all like to live on the edge though eh?

Cheers Tom, I've been using it most days tbh and its been brilliant. It is really easy to drive (just keep an eye on those gauges though).

As you said...definitely on the edge...the engine always surprises me when it returns home. haha
Thanks given by:
Congratulations mate, good power with that gt2256v!
At that pressure is blowing?
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 11:25 PM)akuma406 Wrote: Congratulations mate, good power with that gt2256v!
At that pressure is blowing?

Thanks, not sure what the condition of it will be like with the abuse it's had since its been in the 206. 

I am annoyed I left the air filter on...but there we go.

around 28psi that was. Was kind of 'all or nothing' come the end.
Thanks given by:
Well we all know where this is going...

[Image: BFF33CB1-5A3D-41D9-881B-4FE7C4F77CD0_zpspjt7ypiy.jpg]

[Image: 66B8E461-366E-41CA-BC01-7F6A3165B594_zps8t7lfzlj.jpg]

[Image: 47791E69-ECE6-4498-BC40-B564DBAD308A_zpsmzl8plza.jpg]

Was kinda worried to see what the turbo condition is like or whether it would do another turn, pleasently surprised. No In/Out or Up/Down play so we're all good.

Best get the other one out now.
Thanks given by:
Thank f**k. That 206 really was gAAAAAAAAAAAy. Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Thanks given by:
So where is this lump gonna end up now?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Better be coming to FCS!
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 03:22 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So where is this lump gonna end up now?

The 309 me thinks Smile
Thanks given by:
Wonder where it's going Wink
Thanks given by:
ahh dang, I like this 206 - all going to a good cause though
Thanks given by:
I'm assuming this shell is being scrapped; seems as though you've accidentally cut through the lower member of the car?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
The 206 was only supposed to be a laugh really (which is was) but it came to a point after Darren's Rolling Road session that I didn't quite know where to go from there.

Que Mac dropping in for a pump change and having a deal on his 309

So yeah, the lump is heading for the 309.
Thanks given by:
Bring on the boost, in the older car, Older always = better Smile

Deffo time to swap out that blower though and perfect the motor Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
well all good things must come to and end, but I tell you dropping that into a 309 will be even more fun!
Thanks given by:
So much win in the 309!
Thanks given by:
What a bargain that 309 was and even better now it's in your hands. Can't wait to see this
Thanks given by:
Good luck with whatever plans you have!
Thanks given by:
SFS: Various 309 parts... Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 08:30 AM)silverzx Wrote: SFS: Various 309 parts... Tongue

when your taking the missus out for a Sunday slide n' drive, head down my way Tongue
Thanks given by:
As much as the 206 impressed me, plus I passed my test in one blah blah, it's still a girls car, the 309 however......ohhh yessss Fishy, that's what I'm talking about Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
So to nearly bring this to a close

current standing of the XUD 206

[Image: F575F59B-4CEA-4785-B81E-DEC1C1B9062D_zpsus0nfza1.jpg]

[Image: 736D1981-BFAF-4E82-B2E2-D831D86984FD_zpsdmxi3f10.jpg]

Going to keep the beam as its only around 55k miles and we've had it apart before.

Saturday will see it off to the parking lot upstairs.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2015, 10:59 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Saturday will see it off to the parking lot upstairs.

Best place for it really.. Tongue

The greater good...!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project FCS peugeot partner xud9 engine Jamieh2013 30 8,297 08-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013