Strange idle sound

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange idle sound
Hi guys was out in my derv tonight and started hearing this really weird sorta sound at low idle

when i rev it a little bit it dissapears and sounds healthy again if i let off throttle and it drops down to idle it comes back any idea what it could be? you can hear it perfectly from inside the car but not when i was under the bonnet the engine is to loud

didnt do it when i drove home and parked up and left it idling though

confused

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnPoQQmap...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
got anything in the glovebox? sounds silly but i had a similar noise that turned out to be a locking wheel nut in the top glove box
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
No its completely empty it's really weird it only happens before like 800 rpm so like warm idle if you put your foot on the accelerator to bring it up then to 850-900 it eliminates it :S
Thanks given by:
It could be the exhaust. Mine has various different rattles at different RPM on idle haha. The worst being the paddles clutch!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Had a similar noise and it was the lower engine mount slightly loose where it bolts the subframe
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Are you dogging in that video?

It definitely looks like you're dogging. "recording your idle" while some guy masturbates all over your window watching the couple in the next car enact the sexual position more commonly known as "the trombone"

You dirty, dirty man.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't think it's the exhaust but thanks for the I put ill check the engine mount later

And you got me dude haha... Although I'm up portsdown hill at the digging bit I wasn't dogging honest! ( no serious I wasn't lol )
Thanks given by: