Boring '6/Rallye MPG question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boring '6/Rallye MPG question
Right, real world, how bad? Trying to talk myself out of buying a very cheap Rallye...

Like, proper cheap. I do a lot of town driving, so I always tend to get the shitty end of the stick with MPG lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I think I average around 25 in mine with town driving. I did about 340 miles to £70 over the FCS weekend though which isn't all that bad tbh Smile
Thanks given by:
I keep thinking of LPG but I haven't seen enough converted '6s to know how they do on it. I just really want petrol bwarp again, plus buying a 306 that has all the shinies on it already makes life easier...
Thanks given by:
Mine averaged 22.75mpg for the weekend. Including my track sessions.
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2013, 10:26 PM)Scott Wrote: I think I average around 25 in mine with town driving. I did about 340 miles to £70 over the FCS weekend though which isn't all that bad tbh Smile

f*ck, I managed 525 miles to that same expenditure lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I filled my tank with £48 worth of veg before FCS and I'm still going strong even after a couple of days commuting, currently on 566 miles and no fuel light!

However, I have no bwarp...
Thanks given by:
On fuel light I put £60 diesel currently on 430 miles is that good?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's about 45mpg Kent. I'd have expected more from a HDi?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It still has a little but more left tbh. I think it was only about 45 litres.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine wasn't too bad really, only time I ever worked the MPG out was when I went to Devon and that was about 37.

£60 to 250 miles for FCS though lol
Thanks given by:
Don't know if I can justify it tbh. Then again, its that cheap I can probably afford the LPG conversion as well...
Thanks given by:
You'd have to keep it a whole to recover the cost of the lpg conversion...
Thanks given by:
just tune up the derv more...

Im on a 11mm pump...but no mods really to exploit it, so overfuels a lot, I thrash mine, and still get 45mpg.

consider a 400-600 sportsbike for cheap bwarps

(this is my plan this winter...coz bikes are about 20% cheaper in winter. Supercar performance for derv economy)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've been quoted £900 for an LPG conversion in one of these before, that should take about 9 months to pay for itself. And Piggy, its not speed alone I'm bothered about, its the noise to go with it Wink
Thanks given by:
There was a thread on this a while back. I averaged the very low 20s MPG throughout my ownership of the 6. About 300 miles to a tank.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 07:35 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: There was a thread on this a while back. I averaged the very low 20s MPG throughout my ownership of the 6. About 300 miles to a tank.

That's not a fair average, most people own their cars longer than a week

/selftroll
Thanks given by:
I'd expect 25 round town, 40 on the motorway and an average of somewhere between 28-35mpg real world depending on how you drive

i averaged 450 miles to my tank with the trips too and from pugfest
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I found mine terrible but I'd do a lot of short journeys or every long journey was thrashed down b roads
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 07:30 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: I've been quoted £900 for an LPG conversion in one of these before, that should take about 9 months to pay for itself. And Piggy, its not speed alone I'm bothered about, its the noise to go with it Wink

thats very cheap, that would concern me.

I am fully trained in LPG systems fitting, and was trained by the UK importers of LANDi, they are now in serious high end stuff, evos, porches, etc...but there are still little places out there doing crappy polish kit, single point, venturi stuff....its horrific.

for a good reliable kit with a valve saver system, I would expect £1500 min.

And as for noise...get ya self a GT series turbo, a straight through pipe and tell me you dont like it!
Plus I cant see how you wouldn't like the sound of a 600 sports bike at 14000rpm!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
^^^ Yeah what piggy said. I looked into it alot with my 6 and for a decent kit to fit myself was about £2000 but id never have to run on petrol.

The piggy back systems are a bit of a bodge (this is why you have to start on petrol) they just read the petrol signal and add about 10% longer injection duration to make the LPG injection. Because of the different ways LPG works at cold start it wont safely run on the petrols cold start enrichment map and also you have nothing to take advantage of the LPGs substantially higher octane rating.

I was looking at running it on stand alone management (£600 + mapping) Khlien injectors (not cheap) and a big tank (100l +) to give the same range as a standard tank. You cant fit a 60l tank and get the same range as itll never use the last 10L and you also use more LPG than you will petrol (due to the lower calorific value)
Thanks given by:
you're both forgetting that Liam lives in the English equivalent of Beirut . . . . . .shit is a lot cheaper up here . . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:16 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you're both forgetting that Liam lives in the English equivalent of Beirut . . . . . .shit is a lot cheaper up here . . lol

polish a turd, its still a turd. I have seen bonnets blown off, melted exhausts, engine covers, valves and even part melted heads from badly setup LPG....it burns a LOT hotter than petrol

Dont get me wrong, I think LPG is epic if built in right.

My ultimate machine once I am 30 (due to insurance) is an evo, and I will spend a week back in Hereford with the boys from Landi getting it installed and setup just right....and it will work beautifully...but you gota know what you are doing
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:24 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 11:16 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you're both forgetting that Liam lives in the English equivalent of Beirut . . . . . .shit is a lot cheaper up here . . lol

polish a turd, its still a turd. I have seen bonnets blown off, melted exhausts, engine covers, valves and even part melted heads from badly setup LPG....it burns a LOT hotter than petrol

Dont get me wrong, I think LPG is epic if built in right.

My ultimate machine once I am 30 (due to insurance) is an evo, and I will spend a week back in Hereford with the boys from Landi getting it installed and setup just right....and it will work beautifully...but you gota know what you are doing

i think you're missing the point . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
nope, I dont think so...unless you are saying cheap is good and its fine to throw a crap LPG system onto your pride and joy to watch it go up in flames one day?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:31 AM)Piggy Wrote: nope, I dont think so...unless you are saying cheap is good and its fine to throw a crap LPG system onto your pride and joy to watch it go up in flames one day?

no i'm not, like i said you're missing the point, house prices up here are 1/3 of the national average, goods and services are similarly priced . . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
but the parts prices are fixed, I can tell you that for sure. And without labor, a kit is about a grand alone...so £900 inc fitting tells me crap kit
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:42 AM)Piggy Wrote: but the parts prices are fixed, I can tell you that for sure. And without labor, a kit is about a grand alone...so £900 inc fitting tells me crap kit

first thing i googled . . . Smile

http://www.lpg-kits.org.uk/index.php/lpg...ort=normal
Thanks given by:
thats a TINY tank first of all, secondly, its all crap stuff. I guarantee all you will be doing is going back all the time with problems with a kit like that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: thats a TINY tank first of all, secondly, its all crap stuff. I guarantee all you will be doing is going back all the time with problems with a kit like that

41 litre tank not that tiny . . . .and why not just concede the point as you're obviously wrong Wink
Thanks given by:
I drove a 6 for a week and spent £500 on fuel and food.

(Most of it was fuel) and its not like I was driving miles and miles. Just bombing around the countryside picking up parts and things.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boring exhaust question tonycox_design 15 2,388 06-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167