130k service

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130k service
So my car will be getting serviced on 130k. What would people recommend doing?
Thanks given by:
everything if not been done already!

flush and oil change
brake fluid
coolant
all the filters
PAS fluid

brake service too maybe

when was cambelt and aux belt last done!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well I'll be fitting my 4 pots so brakes will be getting done.

Oil and filter will both be getting done as I have an oil cooler to fit

Coolant was done recently.

I'm not sure on belts, but fairly sure it was recent
Ed has given me a book of receipts to I'll have to scan that..
Thanks given by:
Yep cambelt is a major one that needs doing unless it was done out of service intervals. Ill help you do it if you like now Ed doesnt own this car any more Tongue

Fuel oil and air filter all need doing, good quality oil (personally i love the original total quartz 7000), spark plugs and a new aux belt if your doing the cambelt.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Plugs, oil and oil filter were replaced at 122k, the fuel filter was done about 1k before I sold the car to you dude, and cambelt and water pump were done on 105k from memory. Iirc it has lynx solid pulleys too Big Grin

I'm not sure when/if the brake fluid was completely changed, but the calipers on The car came off my diablo and lynx changed them for mot with the braided lines.... Either way it'd probs be worth doing it after the track session!

Also for oil, I swear by that gulf competition ester fully synthetic 5w40. It's what the cars on now, and is far better specced for harder driving like track etc.

Also I have 2 bottles of pug gearbox oil if you want to do that? I was going to but ran out of time tbh!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
If the belt was done on 105k, id definately be changing it ASAP. Pug changed it to every 30k due to loads snapping early on in life.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall is that true? How hard is it to change the belt on these?

So I'm gonna change the oil and filter (Ed need to get that cooler of ya and I'll take the gbox oil too)

And the breaks will be fully bled and changed (halfords 4.1 or shall I get branded? Don't mind getting expensive stuff for this car.

As for air filter, its got the induction kit, so shall I just get a new cone for it? Could do with getting a new one as its got a 'puddle sucker' on atm and the weather seems to be getting wetter...

If im changing the plugs I may as well change the leads as well...
And a fuel filter is only a couple of quid so ilk do that too
Thanks given by:
No leads to change mate, it's got a coilpack
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I totally knew that lol!! :p
Thanks given by:
haha! Tongue

In terms of airfilter.. depending on what type you might be able to clean it.. if you're replacing it then i wouldn't worry
Thanks given by:
Yeah Sean for once im not winding someone up! When the 6 first came out, belt changes were at 6 years or 60k but in about 99 i think it was, they revised it to 5 years or 30k due to a lot of them snapping belts well before 60k. Hence there is a lot out there with newer engines in from pug.

They are not difficult but are fiddly due to lack of space Same as doing the belt on any other 16v car despite what the 6 owners say!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hmm.. my belt was done on 108k.. in 2008.. only on 118k now!
Thanks given by:
Well, she's on 129 199 atm, but I'm enjoying driving her still so I'll clock up to 130k pretty soon. If your serious about giving us a hand I'll take you up on it when its time...
Thanks given by:
More than happy to help. Just remember if it goes tits up, i wont be replacing it out of my pocket lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Don't say shit like that lol!!
Thanks given by:
Lol dont worry dude ive done loads of cambelts and never messed up a single one. I just say it to everyone because IF something went wrong, im only doing it to help. If i was doing it for a fee, fair enough id have to pay out but im not.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What if I gave you a fiver?
Thanks given by:
I would buy you a single rose and knock on your door that evening with it between my teeth with nothing but a bow tie and my steelies on.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
And what's your PayPal?
Thanks given by:
Deepak also does cambelt mate, for jot a huge amount of money Smile but niall is good at it, as long as he doesn't retard your cam timing too much like his Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 06:38 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Deepak also does cambelt mate, for jot a huge amount of money Smile but niall is good at it, as long as he doesn't retard your cam timing too much like his Tongue

I had more important things to fix at the time....like a tap! Thankfully it was a sticky lifter. For a few hours, i knew exactly how you feel!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well. Niall you can deffo help n I don't mind.

Lol at retard!
Thanks given by: