So pissed off - Cobra Subframes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So pissed off - Cobra Subframes
Right... had a tough day at work. Annoyed the gf and co workers etc and kids sank £200 of sailing equipment.

Anyway... got home and finally after 2 months and £100 my 5 door OMP subframes from demon tweeks were on the door step! They were meant to be in stock in two weeks and I paid for next day delivery. After a month I rang them and they said OMP were still making them as they never had demand for 5 door 306 frames before.

[Image: IMG_51091_zps3e23b477.jpg]

Brilliant! Stripped out the front seats bolted the frames to the seats. They even have the bolt for the inside bit of the harness. Final bolt... oh thats a bit out...

[Image: IMG_51121_zps8b2b90a5.jpg]

40mm out! How the hell after two months can they arrive and not be correct!!?!?!? They never arrived in time for pugfest and now just days before french car show they dont fit!

So what should I do?

I could fit them with 3 of 4 bolts and convince myself to drive slowly... but obviously id rather not!

I could send them back and be without bucket seats for FCS...

or I could get a mate to weld on some plates so I can bolt them correctly and complain at demon tweeks and try to get money back!
Thanks given by:
hahaha lmao That is all.

/shouldofmadeyourown /lazy /Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
That's not good, though are you sure they're fitted the right way around? I'm guessing that photo is just for measuring up, but that bolt is supposed to be on the other side...

Edit: Unless I'm missing a hole on the base of that frame...
Thanks given by:
Short bit of metal with two holes. Bolt one to the floor and nut and bolt through the frame. That way there is no modification then send them back after fcs.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
the door side holes are 250mm apart and the inside ones are 290mm apart. The subframe is 250mm square and wont fit any way round! Sad

I just wish that if you took the carpet up there was another secret mounting hole Sad The whole reason I bought these and paid good money for them was so that they were a straight fit and I didnt have to mess around welding!

Also! The slider handle is bent upwards and the seats come down a bit at the front which means to adjust the seat you have to pull up the handle and the front of the seat Sad
Thanks given by:
Send them back get your £100

Buy a length of flat bar , bag of m10 bolts & use your 5 door runners , you can have some made in 2 hours & fitted

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
If you're having that much trouble send them back! I know it's rubbish not having the car ready for FCS but it's not worth driving with seats that don't fit properly!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't skimp on safety man. You'll only regret it.

Send them back with a firm but level email, demanding some form of compensation for the troubles.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 09:20 PM)Grant Wrote: Don't skimp on safety man. You'll only regret it.

Send them back with a firm but level email, demanding some form of compensation for the troubles.

and ask for some correct ones or just my money back?
Thanks given by:
Ask for the correct ones, and some form of money back, explaining that the amount of time you have waited combined with the fact they are wrong should have seen you go to a different manufacturer. Your car has been left out of action for this period (for all they know) and you have had to get the bus at your expense. You would reasonably expect to see some form of compensation for the inconvenience. Get my drift?

As a nation, we do not complain enough, and put up with too much shit.

Kims good at this stuff, ask her lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Lol, because I got us free games at TopGolf?

Grant's right though, you need to send them a polite but firm email outlining all the issues you've had with these. Include the incorrect fittings, condition they arrived in, time you've had to wait with no contact from the company except for when chased etc. End it with a sentence similar to:

I'd be grateful if the full amount of £xxx would be refunded, and an explanation of how this issue occurred provided.
Thanks given by:
how does this sound?

Quote:Hello,

Two months after ordering my sub frames they finally arrived! The bolts line up fine to the seats, however only 3 of the 4 bolts line up correctly with the car. The 4th bolt is around 40mm out! The door side of the car has around 250mm between the bolts (fits fine) and the distance between the inside bolts is around 290mm. The subframes are about 250mm on both sides so there is no way I can make them fit!

I ordered these frames a long time ago to ensure I would have them for my track time and shows however I have since done shows without them due to the delay. The reason I bought them was they were a direct fit and I wouldn't have to mess around welding the standard frames. What can you do to fix this problem? I have spent £100, waited two months, missed my track time and shows and now have frames that don't fit.

Regards,
Sam Rowell
Thanks given by:
Put down that you paid for track time (which is true).
Thanks given by:
You contradict yourself by saying youve been to shows and then at the end you say youve missed shows. My only critisism of that.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good evening,

I'd like to advise you of some issues I have experienced with regards to my order, reference xxxxx, that have made my experience of your company less than satisfactory.

Firstly, the sub frames I ordered have only just arrived, two months after the order was placed. I contacted you by phone when they hadn't arrived after the first month and was told that they had not yet been made by OMP as you 'never have demand for 5 door frames'. This was very disappointing considering when I placed the order the lead time was two weeks and I had purchased next day delivery. I received no contact from yourselves to advise me that there would be a delay and no refund for delivery was offered.

Secondly, I have tried to fit the frames today and although the bolts line up to the seats as they should, only 3 of the 4 bolts line up correctly with the car; the 4th bolt is around 40mm out. The door side of the car has around 250mm between the bolts (which fits fine) and the distance between the inside bolts is around 290mm. The subframes are about 250mm on both sides so unfortunately it is impossible for me to fit these to my car.

The frames were ordered in preparation for a number of shows and track days I had planned to take part in, however due to the delay in receiving them I have been unable to use my car as planned and have lost out on money paid to take part in these events. I specifically ordered and purchased these frames as they were described to be a direct fit with no adjustments required, which is clearly not the case.

I feel that I have received an unacceptable level of service from your company and would like to receive a full refund and an explanation of what has happened.

Regards,
Sam Rowell
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 09:41 PM)SRowell Wrote: how does this sound?

Quote:Hello,

Two months after ordering my sub frames they finally arrived! The bolts line up fine to the seats, however only 3 of the 4 bolts line up correctly with the car. The 4th bolt is around 40mm out! The door side of the car has around 250mm between the bolts (fits fine) and the distance between the inside bolts is around 290mm. The subframes are about 250mm on both sides so there is no way I can make them fit!

I ordered these frames a long time ago to ensure I would have them for my track time and shows however I have since done shows without them due to the delay. The reason I bought them was they were a direct fit and I wouldn't have to mess around welding the standard frames. What can you do to fix this problem? I have spent £100, waited two months, missed my track time and shows and now have frames that don't fit.

Regards,
Sam Rowell

All is constructive criticism.

Dont use so many exclamation marks. It can be perceived as angry or ill mannered, and make whoever is reading your text less receptive, and less inclined to help you.

Perhaps as below, if I may;

To who it may concern,

It is with regret that I find myself writing this email to you. Approximately two months ago, I ordered a set of subframes from yourselves, through the dealer XXX.
Despite paying for next day delivery, the subframes themselves took over 60 days to turn up. The independent seller has informed me that the delay in receiving the items is due to them not being an 'off the shelf item'.
The problem more lies with the fact that the item supplied is not fit for purpose. The subframes do not align with all the bolt holes on the car chassis correctly, rendering them unable to be fitted in a correct, and safe manner.
I now find myself with a set of subframes that are not as they were advertised, and that I cannot use. Could you please advise me as to how you can rectify this situation for me please. If I have not heard from you within 10 working days then regrettably have to escalate the situation further.

Kind Regards

A Racist.

Damn beaten to it lol. I suppose she is a professional complainer after all :p

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
To whom it may concern

Two months after ordering my sub frames they finally arrived! The bolts line up fine to the seats, however only 3 of the 4 bolts line up correctly with the car. The 4th bolt is around 40mm out. The door side of the car has around 250mm between the bolts (fits fine) and the distance between the inside bolts is around 290mm. The subframes are about 250mm on both sides so there is no way I can make them fit.

I ordered these 'Direct fit' sub frames a long time ago to ensure I would have them ready for car shows and Track time, however this has been a major inconvenience as i have been unable to enjoy the full benefit of Bucket seats due to being unable to fit them!!
My original intention was to not mess around welding and making the existing subframes fit, hence spending £100 on this particular set.

Since this has been a complete failure, i would like a full explanation as to why this has happened and also request that something be done regarding these subframes. A refund of some form would also be appreciated

Regards,
Sam Rowell
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Nice one grant Tongue haha

Cheers Kim. Grace came up with a complaint too. Anyway thats that sent now. Looks like I have 48 hours to weld up my own frames...

Where is the best place to get 5/6mm metal bars? D:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/188285
Thanks given by:
tell em they are a bunch of dumbasses and you need your proper frames tomorrow and a full refund
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Those look COMPLETLEY different to Matt's OMP mounts... (I know they were 3dr). They look very much like my Cobra subframes, which fitted perfectly. Also, OMP don't usually offer a seatbelt/harness mount, whereas Cobra do Undecided
Thanks given by:
1 COBHF-PE-36-L Cobra Tailored Seat Subframe
1 COBHF-PE-36-R Cobra Tailored Seat Subframe

they are cobras. my mistake. Still doesnt change aything Sad
Thanks given by:
Mine where 'tailored' ones from tweaks, also if you go down the welded frame route you ll need to weld in eyelets for the belts and stuff.really feel for you mate tweaks can be f*ckers some of the time bet they sent you 3 door ones Dodgy
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
if they were 3 door then they would have 90 degree bends for side mounts Sad
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I thought that then realised they would be completely different. Weird, mine fitted perfectly and were much better than OMP ones. Were they £100 the pair? As my 3 door ones were £90something each
Thanks given by:
No...mine look identical to yours

My mounts where desiged for base mounts then I modified them to work with side mounts

Still 4 bolts in the standard seat mounting holes.

(23-07-2013, 10:41 PM)Curt Wrote: Yeah, I thought that then realised they would be completely different. Weird, mine fitted perfectly and were much better than OMP ones. Were they £100 the pair? As my 3 door ones were £90something each

Yep mine where like a 180 odd for the pair
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
demon tweaks are about as useful as a chocolate fire guard at times!
Thanks given by:
Quote:Dear Sir

Thank you for your email

Sorry to hear about the problem you have but could you please advised if it is driver’s side or passenger side or both.

As soon as I know this information I will call the supplier and get this problem sorted out for you

Thank you for all of your patience

Kind regards

John Ellis - Customer Service Advisor
Thanks given by:
Customer service advisor and can't spell-check or properly structure an e-mail..... Confused
Thanks given by:
Sam get the beefiest metal you can when making your own sub frames and don't go for ally for lightness. 19mm steel box would be alright Id used ally box for theones in my 6 and bent them slightly when i crashed (and was only doing about 15mph)
Thanks given by:
righthad a phone call off them. THey are forwarding my photos to the supplier to ask why they are wrong...
Thanks given by: