My First Car - 1991 Rover Mini Neon [Image Heavy]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Car - 1991 Rover Mini Neon [Image Heavy]
A little way away...he does mail order too though, new and used bits, just in case Mini Spares don't have what you want.
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2014, 06:20 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Well, this must be almost up to date now...does that mean you're gonna start doing more to the car to keep the threads updated? Big Grin

lol nearly tho Ive still got a lot more photos to do an also update the one's i haven't uploaded yet Tongue but yeas as you know i need my new wiring loom an spare metal or lots of money before i can really start gutting an replacing bits lmao

(12-06-2014, 09:29 PM)DavidA Wrote: A little way away...he does mail order too though, new and used bits, just in case Mini Spares don't have what you want.

very nice I'll keep that in mind if i cant find it on minispares Wink (tho i do get 7.5% off everything on minispares which helps Big Grin )

heyoo so i spent all day cleaning up the ground connection and also stripping a room in the house and stripping the interior then cleaning and storing it to protect it from mould etc Wink

my brilliant idea to seal the top vent on the fuel tank a load of electrical tape and my old rotary arm Idea

[Image: IMAG0210.jpg]

my solar panels set up to charge the minis battery Cool

[Image: IMAG0211.jpg]

side indicator on my solar bag showing input voltage from the panels, it did reach up to 13.8v which the solar charge box regulates and charges the battery accordingly

[Image: IMAG0212.jpg]

and simple crocodile clips to connect to the battery

[Image: IMAG0213.jpg]

the ground connection bolt hole looking a little worse for wear

[Image: IMAG0215_BURST002.jpg]

after sanding back the surface rust and i did coat it in a dab of hammerite paint to tid me over till i sort the rest of the boot just making sure my ground is fine for testing the electrics later

[Image: IMAG0216.jpg]

removed the seats

[Image: IMAG0217.jpg]

rather poor condition bolt holes for the seats...sorry for the blurred shots Doh

[Image: IMAG0218_BURST001.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0219_BURST001.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0220_BURST001.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0221_BURST001.jpg]

the room i cleared 6 desktops 3 laptops 2 ps3's and an assortment of broken junk from to make space for my mini's bits lmao

[Image: IMAG0222.jpg]

my interior all laid out after being hoovered and sprayed with cleaners and mould protection

[Image: IMAG0227.jpg]

the once clear room now filled with most of my interior for storage whilst i work on the body and electrics

[Image: IMAG0228.jpg]

how i left the mini after clearing up with fading light lol

[Image: IMAG0224.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0225.jpg]

more to come very soon
Thanks given by:
cracking on with this now

love the storage room!
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2014, 09:53 AM)mr_fish Wrote: cracking on with this now

love the storage room!

yeah tho unfortunately its only thread updates of previous work Undecided tho im almost up to date Tongue

continuing the previous updates :

Unfortunately Ive had some damage as my mum decided to reverse into my mini after misjudging her angle and clipped the wheel arch Confused

[Image: IMAG0337.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0338.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0340.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0341.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0342.jpg]

luckily its just popped the wheel arch out an bent the front wing a little so it was easy to sort out Phew

Ive also chipped out all the bitumen from the floor ( pics to come soon ) an found quite a bit of rust Dodgy tho when i get some new metal an start to fit it hopefully I wont find much more lol
Thanks given by:
after taking the seats out ive found my new driving position to be a bit worrying lol

[Image: IMAG0344.jpg]

what my floor actually looks like after removing the bitumen

[Image: IMAG0351.jpg]

and photos of all the rust i could find starting with the x beam on the drivers side...lots of rust an yes thats the driveway an outside you can see through the holes Confused

[Image: IMAG0352.jpg]

closer view of above

[Image: IMAG0358.jpg]

drivers side seal from inside with x beam on the right

[Image: IMAG0354.jpg]

close up of above

[Image: IMAG0357.jpg]

drivers footwell

[Image: IMAG0355.jpg]

close up of the corner of the drivers footwell

[Image: IMAG0356.jpg]

the drivers side seal under the seatbelt anchor point

[Image: IMAG0360.jpg]

the drivers side under the rear seats

[Image: IMAG0362.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0363.jpg]

the drivers side seat rests

[Image: IMAG0365.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0366.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0367.jpg]

and a quick spray over with a cheap spray paint just to protect it til i can get the new parts an welding done

[Image: IMAG0368.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0369.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0370.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0371.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0372.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0373.jpg]

after doing all this i went to go an do the other side on the same day an stood up quickly from crouched straight into my brothers rear door which was open (as he was parked next to me an was working on it... see my new driving position photo up top in the reflection lol ) right on the base of my spine and had a small but painful puncture wound so i had to wait for my back to stop aching til i could do the other side ill add those photos soon Wink

thanks for reading Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It didn't look too bad until you went in for the close up ! Amazing what you find once you start scraping away at the surface.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 10:19 PM)DavidA Wrote: It didn't look too bad until you went in for the close up ! Amazing what you find once you start scraping away at the surface.

yeah most of the holes got bigger as i was hammering the bitumen out Dodgy an i thought the same that's why I took the close ups to show the epic holes lol tho Ive got a load of new metal waiting to be ordered when i have some extra cash an then find the time an welder so i can cut an replace all the holes etc Wink
Thanks given by:
You have to put a hydraulic handbrake on this! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
and the other side of the bitumen removal Smile

it looks like there was a repair made by the factory when they removed the seal again...i guess lol

[Image: IMAG0443.jpg]

the front passenger foot well

[Image: IMAG0444.jpg]

an close ups

[Image: IMAG0445.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0446.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0447.jpg]

the rear passenger foot well

[Image: IMAG0450.jpg]

some rust beginning to form along the x member

[Image: IMAG0451.jpg]

underneath the rear seats

[Image: IMAG0452.jpg]

the pile of bitumen from just the left side lol

[Image: IMAG0453.jpg]

the front passenger seat belt anchor point

[Image: IMAG0454.jpg]

the rust on the x member to sill ( no where near as bad as the right side lol but will still be replaced )

[Image: IMAG0455.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0456.jpg]

an id noticed paw prints on the bonnet of my car... finally found the culprit lol

[Image: IMAG0461.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0464.jpg]

an looking nice an shiny after a lovely clean Wink

[Image: IMAG0467.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0468.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0469.jpg]

and whats left inside the car

[Image: IMAG0523.jpg]

an the most recent photos of me reconnecting the battery - amazingly it didn't start by itself lol an started after some loving with a lil choke then let the choke off an it ran ok by itself ( needs advancing a tiny bit and the new loom will help with the sparks as it occasionally misses a cylinder but the state of the wires going to the coil look very shoddy Dodgy )

[Image: 2014-06-23_11-45-08.jpg]

an my bro steve (WiNgNuTz) working on his car at the same time lol tho i think he died in this picture as he was there for a long time without moving Tongue

[Image: Snapchat-20140623114527.jpg]

an that's my project thread finally updated to the present lmao an i look forward to updating it when Ive done some more work Wink

(26-06-2014, 01:38 PM)silverzx Wrote: You have to put a hydraulic handbrake on this! Big Grin

i may doo Tongue but as you can see from the photos I currently don't need my handbrake as it off lol the brakes are seized an my tires are mostly flat too Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Footpump + gaffa tape should sort those problems right out!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells P38 Range Rover 2.5 DSE Eeyore 10 4,644 11-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Rover 214si tenwierdufos 172 54,548 09-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Last Post: tenwierdufos
  Proctas Rover Metro GTA 16v procta 180 80,547 28-06-2014, 04:26 AM
Last Post: procta