Window got smashed. How to replace?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window got smashed. How to replace?
Some scumbag threw a glass threw my drivers side window last night.... while i was driving the car. But anyways, whats to be done to put in another one? have a spare outside.
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had this...although it was a prat of an officer.

anyway...

remove door card

remove window seal around window edge

remove sound deadening.

hoover/remove all the broken glass from inside the door, loocate the window securing clip its white/cream and square and may still be on the dowel on the window mechanism

slide in new window, about half way is easiest, then connect your window switch and put the locating dowel where the hole in the window is. pop the dowel through the hole in the window and put that square clip on and twist it.

put window rubbers back on...right PITA and fit all back up.

check the window works nice before putting door card back on etc!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
^^^ As above. Be aware that the cream securing clip can sometimes be green too! Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
yeah it's not really that hard, crack on it's one of the easier jobs you'll do . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Window in Smile buuuut i cracked that green clip Sad so now its extremely tight going up cause the clip slightly slides off the rail!! Anyways there should be a spare one of them outside aswell, window is up and secure for tommorow anyways, all i have to do is get up at 6 in the morning and do a days work now Big Grin
Thanks given by:
well done...im sure someone has one spare on here!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 11:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: well done...im sure someone has one spare on here!

Fierce tasty so i am! ha ah i have one outside in a phase one there Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bonnet cable repair/replace RetroPug 6 1,433 02-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Master brake cylinder -replace or re-seal? Beanie 20 3,145 14-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Beanie
  Replace 205 Roof Skin Daniel306 0 788 27-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Daniel306