Urgent: dturbo intercooler

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent: dturbo intercooler
I've just gone to plumb up my boost gauge and snipped this pipe to put the t piece on[Image: de7e6u3y.jpg]
And some oil came out

I've seen on some forums that a little bit is
normal in older diesels but mine seems to be boosting ok not down on power so could it be the turbo seals on the way out
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
normal tbh.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 06:02 PM)padge Wrote: normal tbh.

Thank god for that. Ha. I've been wanting to do a turbo change for a while to a bigger one but haven't experienced any loss in power so could be on its way out.

Could I still fit my boost gauge or will oil go into it. It comes supplied with a filter for the vacuum line

Or could it just be build up. Took the pipe off completely and there was hardly anything so could be build up. It is a 15 year old diesel tbf
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
That'll be probably a bit of oil from the breather system - they breathe their crankcase vapour to the inlet system, so it'll always be a bit oily... Your turbo may well be passing a bit of oil too, but I've seen turbos last for another 100k when just passing a little oil, it's not uncommon at all...

My turbo has been doing it for the last 20k miles, nothing to worry about unless you get a chronic whining sound from it!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yer as said normal tbh, best to put a small filter in your boost gauge pipe just in case.

Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 06:10 PM)Ruan Wrote: That'll be probably a bit of oil from the breather system - they breathe their crankcase vapour to the inlet system, so it'll always be a bit oily... Your turbo may well be passing a bit of oil too, but I've seen turbos last for another 100k when just passing a little oil, it's not uncommon at all...

My turbo has been doing it for the last 20k miles, nothing to worry about unless you get a chronic whining sound from it!!!

(15-07-2013, 06:11 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Yer as said normal tbh, best to put a small filter in your boost gauge pipe just in case.

Thanks. It came with a filter so ill definitely put it on.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 dturbo & intercooler pbell283 7 1,590 08-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Last Post: pbell283