ph1 cherry red sedan. TD04 box mounted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph1 cherry red sedan. TD04 box mounted.
that was going to be my other plan, but it dosent matter now.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This the one your on about?

Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
yes jenks.
Thanks given by:
Something about the sedans i love! - i prefered it on clones if im honest.
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by:
thanks, the vortex have been off for a bit now, im currently on 14" steelies, but will be going back on cyclones.
Thanks given by:
decided against the vnt, and went for a good old TD04, now I have decided to bay mount it, yes I know its small and "looks shit" but its much easier to change.

[Image: 482411_10152336415145620_1338530119_n_zps228b5b39.jpg]

Obviously, not finished yet, need to finish off the exhaust system, as I've used a 3" downpipe, im going to run a full 3" system, need some lines making, and also need to route a cooler up, im wanting to paint the inlet and rocker but undecided on colour, im thinking matte black rocker, and silver inlet?

oh I know the turbo and downpipe look too close, but its just the picture, I can easily run a 90 hose from the turbo then down with a boost pipe.
Thanks given by:
Looks good man!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2013, 09:14 PM)padge Wrote: black rocker, and silver inlet?

Looks like you done it already. Good work though the pipe going to turbo looks like it needs shortening. I want to gearbox mount but for some reason the matrix pipes on the ph1 are really long and looped everywhere
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Looks shit it's too small hahah

Looks good lad when she going to be up and running?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
which pipe karl? the big one? that's the downpipe.

danny, im hoping within 2 weeks lol.
Thanks given by:
I think you're a bit mad going to the trouble of gearbox mounting that when it'll fit behind the engine no bother - how often has anyone had to change out their TD04? and even if you did have to change it, its hardly a ballache to drop the engine forward.

My gearbox mount turbo is a bit of a pita to remove and put back tbh.

Should have put the same effort into gearbox mounting that vnt and doing something epic mate.
Thanks given by:
Ye the exhaust pipe. What turbos do people use to busy mount normally? Must be laggy to fill that space
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
this will take around 20 minutes to change, plus its there if I decide to go slightly bigger Smile
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2013, 09:28 PM)padge Wrote: this will take around 20 minutes to change, plus its there if I decide to go slightly bigger Smile

I'm all for 20min turbo changes, but how often do you plan on changing it - I can't think of many people who have totalled a TD04

Essentially you've taken what would have been a reasonably quick spooling turbo, and added about 500rpm of lag to it - its going to be in T25 territory.

Can't imagine how slow a TD05 would be to spin up.

Not trying to have a dig, but you were on a path to trailblazing some truly epic vnt powered loveliness.
Thanks given by:
a friend of mine is running a td05-20G and his starts at 3500rpm, so I cant imagen this being that bad, if its similar to the T25 then be it, the t25 wasent that bad tbh, ill be happy with 3k boost.
Thanks given by:
bugger that for a laugh

i rekon I could change a turbo in standard position quicker than my gearbox mounted one...its all so tight
and GT2056s for the win bud...

mine spools up to 1bar by 2000rpm.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2013, 10:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: mine spools up to 1bar by 2000rpm.

1 bar eh.. Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2013, 11:32 AM)silverzx Wrote:

1 bar eh.. Blush

Those GTs don't need to run at the high pressures, mine will now light the wheels @ 18-20psi if wanted.
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2013, 09:26 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: I think you're a bit mad going to the trouble of gearbox mounting that when it'll fit behind the engine no bother - how often has anyone had to change out their TD04? and even if you did have to change it, its hardly a ballache to drop the engine forward.

My gearbox mount turbo is a bit of a pita to remove and put back tbh.

Should have put the same effort into gearbox mounting that vnt and doing something epic mate.

This is exactly what I'm thinking, is it just because it looks cool that you want it there?

for all the hassle seems rather pointless imo, fair play for putting the work in though.
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2013, 12:59 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(01-11-2013, 11:32 AM)silverzx Wrote:

1 bar eh.. Blush

Those GTs don't need to run at the high pressures, mine will now light the wheels @ 18-20psi if wanted.

Im at 1bar, 1.1bar at full chat in top of 4th...
and that gives me a 5.25second 30-70.

you would need to ra*e a td04 for similar results
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm only pulling your leg Piggy. Wink

The days of more PSI = more power are well and truely over.

For the sake of the effort its taken shouldn't you of just done a twin turbo job?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2013, 02:17 PM)silverzx Wrote: For the sake of the effort its taken shouldn't you of just done a twin turbo job?

that Q to me?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
probably to me, and the answer is no lol.
Thanks given by:
just ordered rest of the 3" exhaust pipes/flexy to finish off the full 3" system, also got swampy to make me a battery relocation kit with junction box.
Thanks given by:
Looks good chap!! Need the sports/bigger bumpers to set it ofd!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
battery is now mounted and wired up n the back, and the car finally had some power running through it, first time in about 3 weeks, also modified the downpipe, pulled it further away from the bulkhead, 90% of the exhaust system is done now, will hopfully finish it off tomorrow, also going to start routing the cooler up tomorrow too.
Thanks given by:
Update. Pointless. Without. Pictures.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
m not being funny, but the reason my updates are kinda pathetic is due to the replies ive been getting, don't see the point lol.
Thanks given by:
sounds like you've done good so far pal how much did you pay for exhaust piping cause sams offered to do mine
Thanks given by:
Depends
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox mounted turbo - manifold darrencurry0808 0 1,336 22-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
Thumbs Up FCS prep phase win sigma gearbox mounted mikey b 199 54,398 03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Last Post: puglove
Thumbs Up Ph1 Estate. Gearbox mounted vnt ash23 439 146,429 24-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Last Post: welshpug