gti6 not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti6 not starting
Changed the inlet manifold on my gti6 yesterday and now it won't start. It fires on first turn of key then just turns over Sad All sesnors etc used off old manifold which was working perfect. New gaskets used too. Spark plugs fore against body so shouldn't be sparking issue. Can smell unburnt fuel after being turned over. Injectors have correct resistance too. If I disconnect map sensor it starts and runs like a bag of shit, then just dies, if you reconnect the sensor it won't fire at all. Am I right thinking that the map sesnor being faulty will cause it to not start?
Any help appreciated, need the car asap and supposed to be goo f fcs.
Thanks
Thanks given by:
There are no gaps between the mani and block ?
Thanks given by:
Nope, used a new gasket and I double checked. Its really bugging me now
Thanks given by:
Why'd you change the manifold?
Thanks given by:
sure you got a spark?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got a spare one powdercoated

All 4 spark on the body, so take it they do I'm the engine. And it starts of you disconnect map, but misfires loads and cuts out, with map connected it won't run at all
Thanks given by:
Hmmm could me the map sensor but normally the ecu knows when it goes out of spec and disregards the values from that and just uses the measurements from the TPS.
If its starting with it unplugged, it does sound like its had it. Does it start at all if you give it a tiny bit of throttle?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
surely at full throttle it goes open loop and should start?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Only starts with it unplugged, will idle rough but as soon as you give it throttle it cuts out. No warning lights on dash either
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me like both the TPS (common to pack up) and Map have had it mate
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've got a working map on order, if that doesn't it ill test the TPS. If its none of them then I have no idea, I can only see it being sensor related though as nothing else was touched
Thanks given by:
If you know how to use a multimeter, Frosty made a thread about this a while ago and Cully helped him out, if you search around you should be able to find the test procedure for the TPS! I have seen it on here somewhere just cant remember where :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Sounds silly, but you haven't trapped anything when you out the manifold back on have you? Scott had a similar issue for a while on his old car, they'd managed to trap something (don't ask me what, I'm a girl) when they put the rocker cover back on so it wouldn't start up...
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
I had this, and it turned out to be an air leak...! F*cked 2 mani's in the process!!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Took the manifold back off to check nothing was trapped, no pipes go under it so nothing to trap really. What's the easiest way to test for an air leak?
Thanks given by:
Get it to run and spray brake cleaner at it and see if it revs up! Just check there is no sign of fuel/oil passing at the gasket...!!

Also, make sure your gasket on the TB isn't buggered!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Peugeot planet isn't picking up any faults, TPS is working fine according to planet too. I used instant gasket on the tb because it broke when I took it off. Injectors are all injecting too. Manifold pressure is 1000mb which I'm guessing is 1 bar so correct? If it was leaking wouldnt that value be lower? Starting to think it could be to do with the spark plugs or ignition now
Thanks given by:
Just took plugs out, all wet and black so car isn't even firing now. Getting rather annoyed with it, doesn't look like FCS is happening atm
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug another gti6 not starting kentiiboii 15 3,179 21-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  GTi6 not starting after heater matrix bypass friar241 34 6,932 21-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Connor