Rd's bagged HDI - new boot build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rd's bagged HDI - new boot build
(08-09-2014, 11:09 PM)padge Wrote: Looks brilliant this, good job

Thanks bud its worth all the effort now its finished
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking good there fella! whats the air suspension like to ride on compared to the standard setup?
Thanks given by:
Would like to see some pics of how it's setup on the rear beam, cars looking epic though!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
we need a guide on how to bag your car! I want to do it to the estate!
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 12:05 PM)procta Wrote: looking good there fella! whats the air suspension like to ride on compared to the standard setup?

Its pretty bouncy but depends what pressures you run to drive, if you want it super low when aired out you might need slightly more pressure to get a good drive height then its pretty hard lol

(09-09-2014, 01:08 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Would like to see some pics of how it's setup on the rear beam, cars looking epic though!

Thanks bud, plenty more to do to have the whole car how i want it though

(09-09-2014, 01:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: we need a guide on how to bag your car! I want to do it to the estate!

I will start making a kit sure, £1000 a piece, sound good? Haha
Thanks given by:
I just want to see a guide and a parts list! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
looks good...surprised you gone for air when its a daily mind... does it not ride rock hard in decent height mode?

how does the handling become affected?! Cant imagine its very progressive? or is it more predictable!?

Love the clean look though, very nice.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I must admit handling is not the best, main problem im having is that the rear is very bouncy even with low pressures as there is so little weight back there.

But its a form over function thing anyway I didnt expect it to be good, but it is nice to be able to cross over lanes on the motorway without clipping cats eyes
Thanks given by:
[attachment=18903]

Really need 10mm more at the front, time to get the grinder out I suppose lol.

In all seriousness does anyone know of any top mounts that will be thinner? And not madly expensive ?
Thanks given by:
This is just so me. Only thing I'd change would be a white shell. Apart from that it's literally exactly how I'd have done it!
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 10:41 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: This is just so me. Only thing I'd change would be a white shell. Apart from that it's literally exactly how I'd have done it!

I was considering a colour change next year but im not sure if funds would allow or if it might actually be just a step too far for a 306 lol, but would be awesome
Thanks given by:
Chris got it an extra 20mm lower by using 205 compbrake top mounts, looks awesome dude!!! Some ccw would look sick on this!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How did he mount them dude?
Thanks given by:
Just like a normal top mount chap
Thanks given by:
Are they not round?
Thanks given by:
Yes still fit chap
Thanks given by:
Did he have to drill a new hole on the turrets?
Thanks given by:
Very cool loving this. I really wanted air didn't think it was possible because of rear beam. But fair play for the effort ? keep it up dude
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 02:19 PM)mattyh24hdi Wrote: Very cool loving this. I really wanted air didn't think it was possible because of rear beam. But fair play for the effort ? keep it up dude

Thanks bud was very difficult yeah, just had my mind set on it and had to do it

[attachment=18986]

Im so happy with the fitment now Smile just need to respray the wheels but cant decide what colour lol suggestions?
Thanks given by:
How have I missed this? Looks awesome chap!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Yeh fair play mate wish i had the enthusiasm like you have look forward to seeing the near future mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Didnt know youd put air into this thing lol looked well that day you stopped in my work, had I known you an mcglynn where for keeping the 30's this long I shoulda kept mine lol I miss the oul 306 game haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah you should have lad she was mint! I didnt really plan it, it all happened very quickly haha. People think im mad
Thanks given by:
Does look awesome....

But isnt the wheel on outside of arch illegal?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Piggy I think its the tyre tread that has to be covered by the arch to be legal.

Any colour suggestions?
Thanks given by:
Any rotating part I believe buddy

I like them as they are...deep metalic purple look awesome though!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2014, 08:12 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Piggy I think its the tyre tread that has to be covered by the arch to be legal.

Yep, this...that's whole point of ruining handling with stretched tyres. Wink Itwasntme

Being honest, I'll never understand form over function lol. But I have been out in a bagged Mk2 Golf and the ride wasn't that bad in that at sensible height....though corners were slightly worrying lol.

I do appreciate the amount of work that's gone into this though, especially with the beam!

As for colours...pearlescent white with Ford Ultimate Green wheels and accents imo! Wink
Thanks given by:
I take it back.

So long as its not sharp/jagged or the wheel nuts, you can have 30mm protrusion of the wheel rim. Tyre must be covered.

However if I was a police officer, I can understand the difficulty. I would also understand if they said stretched tyres were dangerous...but I dont want to open a ugly can of worms!!

So you guna go for a white shell or respray white??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I was considering a respray but not neccessarily white. Would like something completely different and not available in a 306 as standard if i was to do it.

But atm the wheels need resprayed and I may as well change the colour when I am at it.

And thanks tom I wouldnt have thought you would appreciate it at all, and tbh it still handles as firm as coils did so I wouldnt say it was boaty in the corners at all, if anything its a bit too firm for me lol.

Anyone recommend rear shocks as ive just standard items in atm and its way to firm for them
Thanks given by:
Gaz golds?? Round 100notes off ebay i believe

And being adjustable you can play with how tou want them
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by: