Vnt turbo help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vnt turbo help
Hi I know most people won't telle as it hard to do but how do you control a vnt turbo I know what I don't with engines and turbos but was wondering how every one else controls the boost on them
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
You can either chuck a boost can on and deal with / put up with the lack of control and expect the worse.

Or you can lashup your own electronic control, with vac actuator, solenoid, sensors ..etc and map it exactly how you want. But also expect the worse

or you can go into some oddities with manual cammed pushrod controls and valves n things.
Thanks given by:
Yep was thinking of somet electrical what's a boost can

Thanks given by:
research research research.

there is in fact LOADS of info out there on them and how people control them.

most common on VAGs
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Get a good GTturbo and you'll get near the vnt spool without the hassle of vnt control
Admittedly it won't be as good but close enough :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Small hotsided td04 would be my turbo every day of the week, so responsive, so strong, so much flow and so cheap, they are common as muck bang for buck which is what the xud should be about this would be my choice.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2013, 09:32 AM)Dave Wrote: Small hotsided td04 would be my turbo every day of the week, so responsive, so strong, so much flow and so cheap, they are common as muck bang for buck which is what the xud should be about this would be my choice.

I agree, sort of. The GT20's are epic fun but I'll never feel 100% confident in abusing one. That turbine shaft is sooo thin it makes me a little nervous just looking at it...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had hold of an interesting TD04 for a shortwhile, never put it on, but looked good. Was off a turbo diesel originally, so should have been a good spooler and built for higher boost in mind (vs a petrol)

Might have been a 10T, can't remember.

Was comparable with a GT20, but hopefully a bit meatier in the shaft area.

Definitely worth thinking outside the garret gt series, although info tends to be a bit thin on the ground, but it got to be fun whacking a mystery turbo on and seeing how it goes Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yep would be fun I am part of a fairly big carnival float and the tractor we use has got a massive holset turbo on it would be fun to fit it some time and c how long the conrods last

Thanks given by:
(13-07-2013, 07:10 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: I had hold of an interesting TD04 for a shortwhile, never put it on, but looked good. Was off a turbo diesel originally, so should have been a good spooler and built for higher boost in mind (vs a petrol)

Might have been a 10T, can't remember.

Was comparable with a GT20, but hopefully a bit meatier in the shaft area.

Definitely worth thinking outside the garret gt series, although info tends to be a bit thin on the ground, but it got to be fun whacking a mystery turbo on and seeing how it goes Big Grin

Ooo-er missus
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: