Air filter with FMIC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air filter with FMIC
Just after a few ideas how i can my air filter pipping and filter. I have seen that a few people have done it different ways and i was just wanting to know what is the recommend way. So whats my options?

And before anyone says it i dont really what to go de filtered
Thanks given by:
2 meters of flexi pipe should do the trick, behind the engine and over the gearbox

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexible-Air-D...4d08602ebd
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers so do you think have a 90deg bend off the turbo and the onto the flexi pipe?

Also would i want 1 or 2 ply?
Thanks given by:
I still need to get some of this...!

>_<

TD04 inlet size anyone?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I had a nice setup before on my old DT before I defiltered it. Had a U bend from the turbo, with a 90* bend to bring the filter to the front of the car

I'll try find some pics of you want?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 06:34 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I had a nice setup before on my old DT before I defiltered it. Had a U bend from the turbo, with a 90* bend to bring the filter to the front of the car

Yeah pics would be ideal if you can find some cheers
Thanks given by:
You don't need any bends as this stuff if flexible Wink

Straight off the turbo and then wherever you want
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 06:34 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I had a nice setup before on my old DT before I defiltered it. Had a U bend from the turbo, with a 90* bend to bring the filter to the front of the car

Any luck with some pics bud?
Thanks given by:
Defilter ftw
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Still have the standard tmic pipe on mine, works fine but occasionally it causes a bit of vibration through the pedals

Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 08:50 AM)Mitch Wrote: Still have the standard tmic pipe on mine, works fine but occasionally it causes a bit of vibration through the pedals

Mondeo ST intercooler?
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 08:50 AM)Mitch Wrote: Still have the standard tmic pipe on mine, works fine but occasionally it causes a bit of vibration through the pedals
thats a really tidy setup fmic looks so oem
Thanks given by:
cheers guys, i think its off a mondeo or a transit? jenk made the kit, sold it to chris90 and now its ended up with me! thats the reason why i got it really, like things to be oem!
Thanks given by:
so are u not running a fan or is it mounted behind rad
Thanks given by:
I don't have one, car never really goes above 80, if it does, heater on flat out an windows down Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 11:39 AM)Mitch Wrote: I don't have one, car never really goes above 80, if it does, heater on flat out an windows down Smile

Can't be running much boost then...
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 08:18 PM)Sambarker Wrote:
(23-06-2013, 11:39 AM)Mitch Wrote: I don't have one, car never really goes above 80, if it does, heater on flat out an windows down Smile

Clearly not. Asking for trouble not running a fan on a boosted xud
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 08:57 PM)Jimbo Wrote:

Clearly not. Asking for trouble not running a fan on a boosted xud

Not necessarily, depends what turbo, what fuelling, how it's driven.. I run manual fans and don't need them unless sat in traffic on a hot day. When you're doing over 30mph you don't need the fans anyway.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But theres always gonna be a time your sat in traffic. For the effort of fitting the fmic just wack a fan and switch in
Thanks given by:

21 psi on a T2, previously 28 psi on a k14, the car doesn't get hot, no matter how much death it's given, gets to 80 and that's it, so I don't really see the need for the fan? Smile
Thanks given by:
I got the intercooler pipes all fitted today and i dont know where to have an air filter and how to run the pipes. Anyone got any ideas?

[Image: null_zps8920a154.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^ love that! Looks like such a clean set up!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
That is an awesome looking set up but the top pipe is gonna hit the bonnet.

Id run a pipe above the right hand boost pipe and then out to the air filrer or even have it behind the battery with some ducting.
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 09:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: That is an awesome looking set up but the top pipe is gonna hit the bonnet.

Id run a pipe above the right hand boost pipe and then out to the air filrer or even have it behind the battery with some ducting.

Yeah i think your right. I have cut a bit off the pump to get the pipe down a bit but i will have to have a think and sort something out.

Have to have more of a think/look about the air filter but i was thinking about trying to get it run down the right hand side

(07-07-2013, 09:06 PM)Tom Wrote: ^^^ love that! Looks like such a clean set up!

Cheers but credit to sam as i brought it off him Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 08:59 PM)Frosty Wrote: I got the intercooler pipes all fitted today and i dont know where to have an air filter and how to run the pipes. Anyone got any ideas?

[Image: null_zps8920a154.jpg]

Have you thought about trying the tmic pipe? It's said to be restrictive but it's got to be better than hot and non filtered air surely?
Thanks given by:
I have fort about it but i havent tried it and i think the intercooler pipes might be in the way. I will see how i get on before i try it
Thanks given by:
I have decided to make the air filter pipe work out of the air ducting. Will be similar to what ricky had on his d turbo. I am now stuck on what air filter to use. I dont have a massive amout of room but now the size of the air filter make much difference?
Thanks given by:
You still debating this lol?

Get it on Big Grin You'll want as big an air filter as you can fit
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2013, 10:34 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: You still debating this lol?

Get it on Big Grin You'll want as big an air filter as you can fit

Yep lol. Hopefully get it sorted next week
Thanks given by:
I think im going to ordered 2 metres of this just to try it and see how i get on
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330651585086?v...102wt_1159

And as for an air filter think i might just go for a cone filter like this and see how it fits
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290642212807?v...134wt_1159
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pipes For Air Filter/Future FMIC bigcheez2k3 13 4,985 04-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Last Post: silverzx