Swapped ECU etc now won't start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapped ECU etc now won't start
Hi
I have got hold of a 2000 306 1.4LX that had a key snapped off in the ignition but ran okay as long as the fob was near the immobiliser.
I bought what was advertised as a matching set of locks,ignition, immobiliser ring, passenger airbag switch and ECU. Having fitted them all, the engine will not start and the central locking does not work.
Do I have to get the ECU recoded to the car in some way or do I have other problems.
Any help appreciated on thisUndecided
Thanks given by:
You need the bsi (black box under centre console), ecu and chips from the keys. Any less and it won't work mate.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I have the key that is matched to the locks etc and the ECU from the same car but unfortunately no black box.

Is there any other way of getting it to start as I have read about decoded ECU's on here.

Thanks for the reply
Thanks given by:
Why not use the original ecu and just change the ignition barrel on the car and put the new key blade into the original key fob? Wink

Thanks given by:
I agree with Spike, Put everything back on and just change the ignition barrel, Swap the key blades over and you're away..
Thanks given by:
I f only life were so simple lol. The original fob is well chewed up and the transistor board is missing for the central locking, the only bit left is the chip.
Have spoken to the guy at Bluehawk in Nottingham and he is going to unlock the ecu and he thinks that as the windows, indicators and stuff are working that the key should be able to be re-coded with an OBD fault code reader.
Thanks given by:
Myself I would fit a new barrel as I said keeping the original ecu exc get a known working fob and get it programmed but transfer the immobiliser chip and key blade over Wink

Iirc phase3 cars need Peugeot planet to programme a new key fob for the central locking Wink

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Door Loom Swapped - Central Locking Fault! partybish 8 3,049 29-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: paulgtt
  [SOLVED] Swapped tailgate - wiring problems Bengley 1 1,351 31-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Last Post: C2K