306 2.0 8 v timing marques aliment?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 2.0 8 v timing marques aliment?
hi changed the cam belt on my 306 but the timing marques are not clear!
i dont know has any body on here has done it before but my cam chaft sprocet
does not alighn so i can pin it trough the hole am i missing something here?

how i did it i put the locking pin trough front puly and before i took the belt of
figure out that the cam puly locking pin hole is not align i try aligning it to the
hole on the back of the cylinder head after removing the belt but when try
to slowly rotate the engine with the new cam belt on figure out that the valves are
hitting so took it all of and put it back the way i found it now car starts and runs
but im not 100% happy with this job could it be that some body has changed the cam
sprocket so it does not align any longer or have i missing something...
done lots of Peugeot's in my time but this one s a bit odd!
any advice well appreciated
thanks
boyan
Thanks given by:
The cam sprockets have a notch on them, so there is no hope of them being put back on incorrectly. How far out were you from being able to line up the pin holes?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
What the f*ck are marques?
Thanks given by:
8v's are dead easy, Pin the top wheel up, Get a solid lower pulley to make sure the timing is right as the std one slips as do most later XU engine's, But you will see 2 marks on the belt which aline onto the wheels both top and bottom with the rotation
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 11:36 AM)Sambarker Wrote: What the f*ck are marques?

Considering the fact it appears he has used a translator I would take a stab at it meaning 'marks'.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
thanks guys for your help !

marques = marks good knows what language i was using that day as i speak fewConfused
i also had a look the timing MARKS again today and the pins do not align when the timing belt is on the sprockets the crank is lockedand
aliened but the cam shaft one is lining up tooth on tooth so when slide over the timing is out 1 tooth forward or 1 tooth back witch ever i prefer Dodgy

what ever coursed this miss alignment i can only assume that somebody has skimmed the cylinder head and not put the right gasket thickness back on so the timing is half a tooth out and im going on a long trip with this car so i don't need advanced timing pinking
and so on...as both cam sprockets have locking pins trough them and are not free flow so that i can take the slick of i need to find a
solution and i need to find it fast as my dover calais booking is counting
thanks boyan
Thanks given by: