£40 low entry jack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£40 low entry jack
Just noticed Halfords are doing a low entry jack for a similar price to most other cheap trolley jacks. They appear to be a similar construction too. Its a big old difference in price to the £100odd items that most of us have had to shell out for.

Might be useful to somebody. Obviously no comparison to the £100 items but compared to another cheap jack low entry is a cool feature.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/store...yId_255207
Thanks given by:
Not bad, may pop down and grab one Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 05:06 PM)Matt Wrote: Not bad, may pop down and grab one Smile

I have one of these very good for the money and actually goes higher than there standard jack.
Would recommend to anyone
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks about £40s worth aswell lol, but yeah for some who isn't jacking up a car every 5mins it would prob be quite useful, iv had the other Halfords one for 2-3 years now and its only just starting to give up so it hasn't done bad and is seen some use & abuse, id assume this one is of a similar quality

got me one of these now though Big Grin epic for £50 ( a mate brought it back from US for me)

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-...69252.html

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
thats a bargain puglove...can he bring me one back next time?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I got one of these for my birthday great jack not had any issues, also like the fact you can spin the bit you pump all way round so great in tight situations Wink

Thanks given by:
cosco got a lovely one but its £100. nice shiney red aswell. lol
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 05:43 PM)kingy Wrote: cosco got a lovely one but its £100. nice shiney red aswell. lol

For the money, its a good jack. Both Vaughan and Scott have them. Its a direct copy of my Bluepoint one but is much better than most for £100. I cant stand the ones like the one in the OP. They are far to narrow to get any decent height safely!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 05:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: thats a bargain puglove...can he bring me one back next time?

He's going out again soon, I can only ask, it will take a few months to get back though as it comes back in a container

Thanks given by:
IMO I'm not a fan of the Ally one that Scott, Puglove, VLJ etc have, they are to flimsy, at full height there's too much side to side movement. OBV they are probably better than the Halfords one but not as good as the Steel Sealy LE that alot of us have.
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 06:38 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: IMO I'm not a fan of the Ally one that Scott, Puglove, VLJ etc have, they are to flimsy, at full height there's too much side to side movement. OBV they are probably better than the Halfords one but not as good as the Steel Sealy LE that alot of us have.

There not unless your using them on uneven ground. Dont forget, a ally jack will be flimsier than a steel one. If you use them on uneven ground, you will twist them but they are no way flimsy.
Id rather have the one Scott and Vaughan have any day over the halfords one because they are much much wider. I cringe watching people jack cars up high with them shitty halfords jacks!
If they were that bad, why would most garages use the one that i have or similar? They are light to move around and on a flat surface, just as good as a steel one.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Scott is right chris, mine had loads of movement, but since iv tightened everything up (amazing how loose it all was) and now us a bit of 12mm ply under it its so much firmer even at full height, besides its only on its own for a few seconds, as soon as its at full height the axel stand is under and the weight is taken off the jack

Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 06:50 PM)puglove Wrote: Scott is right chris, mine had loads of movement, but since iv tightened everything up (amazing how loose it all was) and now us a bit of 12mm ply under it its so much firmer even at full height, besides its only on its own for a few seconds, as soon as its at full height the axel stand is under and the weight is taken off the jack
You mean Niall?

Thing is while I see the point thats being made the only difference between the £100ish ally ones and the £100ish Steel one I have is the weight (about 35kg for mine), I have no issue lifting 35kg so id rather have the one that can be used on less even ground
Thanks given by:
But you shouldnt be jacking on uneven ground regardless of if your using a ally race jack or a 3" thick steel plate jack!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
yeah I mean niall, same person really!

yeah I see your point chris, thing is I couldn't get a steel one for £50 lol. & yes you are right the steel ones prob are better, at the end of the day its a better material to be making lifting equipment out of. but, at the same time the ally ones really arnt that bad IMO

Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 07:07 PM)puglove Wrote: yeah I mean niall, same person really!

yeah I see your point chris, thing is I couldn't get a steel one for £50 lol. & yes you are right the steel ones prob are better, at the end of the day its a better material to be making lifting equipment out of. but, at the same time the ally ones really arnt that bad IMO

You can. The cheap Clarke ones are steel but the rams are shite. Takes a million pumps to get the car up to a decent height then they creep down silly quick!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
well the one I have is a rapid pump (gigity) and I mean its rapid! (gigity) and iv never noticed any creep, but I do use stands for 99% of jobs though no matter how short or small of a lift

Thanks given by:
Niall fair point, don't think mine creeps but it does take too many pumps. It has got almost twice the lifting capacity to the ally one.
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 07:17 PM)puglove Wrote: well the one I have is a rapid pump (gigity) and I mean its rapid! (gigity) and iv never noticed any creep, but I do use stands for 99% of jobs though no matter how short or small of a lift

Yeah most of the newer ones are twin piston so climb silly quick until you get load on them.
Chris, correct the steel ones will take more weight but you will never use the max weight capacity. Mine takes 2 ton but dont forget jacking one side of the car is not lifting all of the weight. More like half of it so in reality, unless your working on something stupid big, its not a issue for us!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, Mines 2.5 tonne (not ton as some jacks) so I could lift 2 306s if i could balance them right
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 08:02 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Oh yeah, Mines 2.5 tonne (not ton as some jacks) so I could lift 2 306s if i could balance them right

Why is it out of anyone i know on this forum, your the one i can imagine actually doing that? lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
£31 on trade, I'm collecting mine in the morning Smile
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 05:56 PM)Niall Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 05:43 PM)kingy Wrote: cosco got a lovely one but its £100. nice shiney red aswell. lol

For the money, its a good jack. Both Vaughan and Scott have them. Its a direct copy of my Bluepoint one but is much better than most for £100. I cant stand the ones like the one in the OP. They are far to narrow to get any decent height safely!

For the money these jacks are complaint free to be fair.
Thanks given by:
Think it's time I purchased a new jack. Mine is dead. Under the car (creek) time to get out before it drops
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Ill br getting one of these soon. I have the normal one and it took loads of abuse used to lift my dads galaxy with it and things.
But then it was left under car I was working on and some pikey nicked the fucker Sad
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You guys are lucky if you have somewhere flat and even to jack up!

I've bent several standard jacks on my drive.....not had an issue with my sealey LE, same as Dum's. One of the best value for money items I've bought for the car tbh!
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 09:36 AM)Toms306 Wrote: not had an issue with my sealey LE, same as Dum's. One of the best value for money items I've bought for the car tbh!

Actually this. Probably the single best tool I've ever bought. 5 stars, highly recommended etc etc I genuinely cant rate it enough.
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 06:43 PM)Niall Wrote: Id rather have the one Scott and Vaughan have any day over the halfords one because they are much much wider. I cringe watching people jack cars up high with them shitty halfords jacks!

This, all these modern narrow jacks should be melted down for scrap, f*cking horrible things.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sealey 1250cx trolley jack Iceman299 6 2,084 06-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Ben
  Scissors Jack corrosion - lucky :) maxaret 36 9,124 05-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Last Post: maxaret
  The Farm Jack thread Dum-Dum 29 4,862 12-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Matt