1.9d to 2.0gti 1998

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.9d to 2.0gti 1998
(08-07-2013, 12:00 AM)prab01 Wrote: How would I adjust the 1.9d fuel pump so it would work with the turbo?
You cant. As I said its not fitted with a boost compensator so it wont.

Although yes it is possible to turbo the NAD it will be quicker, easier and cheaper just to stick in a turbo lump and you'll be able to go faster and not to mention tune harder as the negine is stronger. Also if you get one with a gearbox it'll be more economical as the TD box is longer.
Thanks given by:
Boys, lets have a little less of the hostility to the new members. I'm sure all of us have had a car (probably the first car) which you can't bear to part with for sentimental reasons. And asking about the possibility of turbocharging the existing engine is a valid question.

There's no reason why you can't have a go with the n/a 1.9 engine, but be prepared it may not want to last very long, as it wasn't designed for boost. That said, just look at Sam's 106 n/a D.... nearly triple stock power, pegging the boost gauge at 30psi and still running (though admittedly not BRILLIANTLY anymore!)

Financially, and for longevity, you'll be miles better off putting in the 1.9 DTurbo engine in it though, but if you're up for a challenge of seeing how far you can push the 1.9 n/a engine then have a stab at it, and get a project thread up, it'll be interesting!

And Dum, that's not true about the fuel pump. I believe the internals are the same besides the boost compensator. yes you'll not get any compensation between on & off boost fuelling, but if you're running a hard tune, not having the compensator can be an advantage, as the compensator can get stuck. Yes you have to be more careful feeding in the throttle to avoid just chronic bogging, but if you know how to drive a tuned DT its actually a hell of a lot easier to drive without the compensator.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt listen to anything ed has to say any way he owns a baby puke megan FFS

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ed he dosent say if its lucas or bosch and i dont think anyone knows enough about the lucas to comment so its easier to just say you cant.
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 12:31 PM)puglove Wrote: I wouldnt listen to anything ed has to say any way he owns a baby puke megan FFS

That's Jewish Racing Gold to you Tongue

(08-07-2013, 12:32 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ed he dosent say if its lucas or bosch and i dont think anyone knows enough about the lucas to comment so its easier to just say you cant.

Dum, I've seen a DT with a lucas and a T25 on it go like shit off a shovel. Not just fairly well, genuinely to the point it made me consider sacking off the 11mm bosch in favour of a lucas again.

Either way, if it's a lucas off a boosted car or non boosted car, you can still wind it right out; it'll smoke but it'll still make plenty of power on boost, and just means you have to be sensible bringing it on boost. Which you do with any tuned xud anyway....
Thanks given by:
lmao Ed

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Or he could fit a Bosch with a boost compensator and have a car thats both rapid and will pass an MOT not one or the other. Some people are into that sort of thing you know.
Thanks given by:
so wat turbo should i go for kkk or garret and wat fuel pump do i need to put on my engine and if i take it off a car wat should the engine code be because mine is DJY
Thanks given by:
Ideally you want the Bosch fuel pump off a turbo lump as its the best, easiest to tune, easiest to modify and will run on cooking oil.

Turbos are personal choice, theres 4 that came on the 306: K14 T2, K03 GT15 (thats in order biggest to smallest)
K14 is a dinosaur that nobody wants (could make it cheap)
T2 is reckoned to be the best for big power but is more laggy than the smaller 2
K03 is really uncommon and only came on a few TD's but is similar to the GT15
GT15 smallest but almost instant boost in all conditions and no lag make for a great turbo on a car that is often driven gently or not looking to be a 150bhp monster

I dont know engine codes for any of them and especially the later cars that genrally had the smaller turbos are really mix and match, couple that with the fact the newest DT is 15 years old so alot could of had turbo changes by now and youve got no real way of knowing. The TD bosch pump has a silver UFO looking thing on top.
Thanks given by:
i dont know how to tune the Bosch pump but i know how to tune the lucas pump so would the lucus pump be okay
Thanks given by:
Either pump is fine. It's a spinny thing that feeds fuel to four clattery things that make stuff explode and roundy things go round and you move places. I'm glad Ed mentioned the lack of boost compensator being the only difference though, i was having that exact conversation with the lanky Ginge yesterday. It's basically just smoke control, you don't need it, per se.

It's just a fuel pump. The utterly simple method of running an old XUD is to mix fuel, air and compression and kaboom, you go. You could turbo whatever the f*ck you want too, if it has exhaust gas, you can strap a turbo on and see what happens.

Fact of the matter is, an XUD9TE lump dropped in is instantly more power, no electrics to f*ck about with, job done. For all the effort of sourcing a turbo setup for the NAD you could have a TD lump bought and thrown in and a few quid spare to fiddle about with it.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll not go on as I think the point is made, but if you've tuned a Bosch, you have just as much chance of passing an mot without touching it as with a non turbo pump or a lucas. Let's be honest here, anyone running a hard tune disconnects the lda, and winds the fuelling back . only difference on a na pump is you don't have to disconnect the lda!

Anyways it makes no odds but is worth saying Smile
Thanks given by:
I remember the idea of having a "lol bin" section where "lol" threads went... is this idea still going ahead? Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by: