Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sealing rear lights
#1
The seals on my rear lights are completely shot and the lights completely fill with water and then let water into the boot. Rang peugeot and you can't buy the seal seperate..

Just cover the seal in silicon I guess?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
#2
I would.
or/drill hole in bottom to allow it to drain!
Wishes for more power...
#3
Always had holes in mine. Did the job Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#4
Sealant would be better IMO if water gets in it will get back out If there's holes but will rust the circuit board to fook
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
#5
I used sealer on mine and it seems to have done the job.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-SEAL-RTV-S...3cc524d719
#6
Its a common problem, just drill some holes in the bottom of the light unit Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#7
Lol I hadn't thought of drilling holes. I'll try and seal them first and drill holes if that doesn't work!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
#8
Before doing anything drastic. Take the lights out and clean the seal with hot water and clean the mating surface on the car then screw the bastard in nice and tight. Done the trick for me before
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
#9
Do the above trick with hot water and a tiny bit of washing up liquid and a toothbrush, rinse and dry it thoroughly, then rub vaseline into it. Seriously, brings the rubber up a treat. I should have taken before and after pics of the 205 ones.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...





Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sealing interior door panel Mighty306 4 5,490 25-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Fog Lights and Casings. B-Ready 0 1,856 22-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Last Post: B-Ready
  306 sedan 95 with 99- rear lights Pbalerado 0 2,396 04-10-2016, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pbalerado

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)