Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Nice progress as always, love the credits list on the underside of the bonnet Big Grin

Edit:- also still no parcel mate, but if you did send it for delivery thurs you better check up on it lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Having the hockey sticks smoothed into the grill really makes a massive difference. Looking good Smile
Thanks given by:
fit. looking so good dude
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Wow that looks really smart dude, didn't no if the wide mouth look would look good but looks spot on well done dude
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This gets so much better at a mad rate!

Get some matte black rattle cans and paint all the white bits in the front end! Makes the IC look weird!
Thanks given by:
That front end is just sexual... Love it...! Heart
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have just read your project thread with interest from the start. Surprised you haven't posted this on GTi6OC. Not sure on the stickers or the wheel/tyre setup but I respect that each is to his own.

You've put it together pretty quickly as a project, and have obviously put lots of hours in in the unrelenting rain. It's satisfying to see your hard work pay off, you must've been quite disappointed to get it together and have the engine let you down, i've been there myself. I spent a couple of weeks off work doing an engine swap and gearbox bearing swap by myself on my Rover Turbo in the middle of winter (short, cold days!), only to find that the £400 'upgraded' clutch i'd been recommended was in actual fact worse than an ebay special clutch at taking 18lbs of boost and let me down within 500 miles of completion despite following the strict bedding procedure. Went through all the hassle of clutch swap by myself again only for the exact same thing to happen. I gave up and scrapped it (and still miss it), bought my Rallye instead and a truck load of modifications.

Speaking of which I'm looking forward to getting back from SA and completing my Supercharger setup.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Any updates?
Thanks given by:
...after seeing this up close; i was strongly impressed with it. Really stands out and i can't see ANYWAY in which you can improve the exterior visuals. Absoloutely gawjus!

(15-07-2012, 06:10 AM)C2K Wrote: Have just read your project thread with interest from the start. Surprised you haven't posted this on GTi6OC.

££££££ Dodgy
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
not much to report. wheels have been painted again. hes just moved house so its been put aside for now. better give him a phone to fill his head with more lunacy and hopefully another wee project on the car
Thanks given by:
That's what we like to hear! Was thinking earlier today this project has kinda gone quiet.
Thanks given by:
It went quiet because all you f*ckers stopped replying! f*ck you all.

...in truth, as Xav said, i've just been mega busy. Moving house just cost me £1400 and the wallet's still suffering as a result. On the plus side, finally got our own space and the motor looks epic parked out on the street. The bad news is there's no off-road parking so will need to go to Linzi's dad's place to use the drive there should anything need done.

Lots has happened though. For a start, ever seen a 3dr gti6 convertible? No?

[Image: IMG_0837.jpg]

How about a two wheeled no door convertible gti6?

[Image: IMG_0838.jpg]

Bye bye sundance Sad

[Image: IMG_0842.jpg]

Was a sad day to see it go but glad to finally get rid of the f*cking thing, it was an absolute state but great for stress relief. Many a can of Monster were drank while sledgehammering the thing to bits. A tragic end to what was actually a mechanically perfect car..

[Image: IMG_0845.jpg]

Anyway, that was done, I had aspirations of bigger turbos and more fuels and fiddling with delivery valves and throttle arms and camplates and all sorts. Was hoping to be hitting 170+bhp by the Autumn but that all got put on hold when a family crisis meant moving house at very short notice, hence spending all but a few pennies on a new house in one month rather than saving up. The plans are just on hold for now, believe me a lot of research has been done and shall be put into practice when finances settle down again.

In the mean time, I finally gave the motor a clean for the first time since the failed FCS trip that left me really close to selling the car. Still undecided, aside from big engine mods there's not much else I want to do to it. Well there is, but that's all money.

Slave labour ftw!

[Image: IMG_0882.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0887.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0889.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0890.jpg]

Apologies for the poor picture quality, shit happens when you wash your car with your phone in your pocket. Didn't get time to wax it but it polished up ok, can barely see the blending on the rear quarters and the bonnet now!

Oh and Ginge, cheers for the comments mate. Was good to meet you and Eli, that's three of the forum lot now including Mark and none of you have been dickheads. I like that. lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good dude Smile its a shame that the Sundance had to go though Sad was an epic car
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 08:18 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Oh and Ginge, cheers for the comments mate. Was good to meet you and Eli, that's three of the forum lot now including Mark and none of you have been dickheads. I like that. lmao
Well that's a start lol

Loving that the little one has the same hair cut as you!
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 08:18 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [Image: IMG_0887.jpg]

I spy something im very jealous of;

Not the lush car...

Not the lush missus...

Not actually having time to wash the bianca awesomeness...

The fecking pint tin of irn bru on the floor. Cant get em for love nor money down here.
Thanks given by:
youre kidding right. EVERY shop in scotland sells irn bru these days haha. even the drunks and junkies hanging around the bins out the back sell a few lol
Thanks given by:
I'll bring you a couple up to ace dum dum. Got some down here on da sauf coast

On topic this is really top notch work, keep it up! :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow just read whole thread. Love that front bumper looks mean!!!!
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 11:51 AM)xav Wrote: youre kidding right. EVERY shop in scotland sells irn bru these days haha. even the drunks and junkies hanging around the bins out the back sell a few lol

When I was up there a few years ago, they even did it in really little bottles branded "Wee Bru" lol

Do they still have that?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
not that i know of. i must find some! they did a nippy one aswell
Thanks given by:
Xav there's plenty of wee brus around, 6 for £1 at my post office. Monster's a quid a can too Wink

Oh and fiery irn bru is clatty as f*ck!
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 06:49 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Oh and fiery irn bru is clatty as f*ck!

Agreed, my uncle sent me down a few cans and im really not a fan.
Thanks given by:
monster for a quid?!?!

HAWD MEH BACK!!!
Thanks given by:
Really liking everything about this.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
I do love this...

Only thing I'd adjust is the passenger side boost pipe from the IC - looks awkward as hell, possibly needs shortening, cause it's pissed?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the comments fellas.

Ruan it's because of the engine loom that runs down through the wing, can't get the pipe round it and cba moving the loom..

Gah looks like the motor's off the road for the weekend. The GTI calipers are broked, well one is, slider pin is rusted in and I bent it when trying to remove it. Needs a new pin and a clean up, must have been like that for a while though. Thought i'd regreased these when I fitted them to the estate, guess I missed one?

Anyway needed some new brakes asap and happened upon a chap with a 306 HDI140 he was breaking for parts. Discs and pads were shot so he did the calipers and carriers for £55 delivered, pretty reasonable tbh. Another £75 on discs and pads and we're good to go again.

Well we would be if they'd arrived, they haven't. All i've got now is two brand new 283mm discs, good pads for them, one seized GTi6 caliper, two brand new 302mm discs and matching pads. And no working car yet grr.

And yes yes yes, unsprung weight blah blah blah, don't care, i'm a tart and these are big and shiny. Interested to know how they perform tbh, piston size is much the same as the GTI ones but massive pad contact area. Really need the calipers though ffs!

Anyway pic of the new disc vs the new gti one

[Image: IMG_0920.jpg]

And one of the 307 pad compared to the gti6 disc, all that extra pad touchyness!

[Image: IMG_0922.jpg]

Oh and f*ck off Phil if you're reading. I wanted wavy discs and you never made them so I got these instead...
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2012, 07:55 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Oh and f*ck off Phil if you're reading. I wanted wavy discs and you never made them so I got these instead...

lmao
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
They look rather huge!
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2012, 09:38 PM)Matt Wrote:
(17-08-2012, 07:55 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Oh and f*ck off Phil if you're reading. I wanted wavy discs and you never made them so I got these instead...

lmao
+1 lol

I also want wavy discs.

I'd be interested to know how those brakes are! Not a bad price for them really Smile Any idea what the weight difference is?
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 09:43 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Shame it's an estate really, would have looked really smart as a 3-door!

BOOOOOORRRRIIIINNNNGGGG!!!
Dare to be different. It looks awesome as an estate
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,407 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707