Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Love that 4th pic Chris, straight on with the Kia in the background, looks really menacing! Well done getting it sorted on time, good luck with the drive there, and once again, i really wish i could have seen this in the flesh! Sad

Top work mate, well played. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Epic thing. Looking forward to having a good old perv on sunday, Hope you get the mechanical niggles sorted.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Gutted, limping back home tomorrow with a load of water in the boot and radweld shite in the coolant. Made it 80 miles before it pressurised the coolant again. Heads f*cked I suspect, on the lookout for another to skim, pressure test and do properly.

Absolutely devastated tbh. Ach well, there's always next year.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gutted for ya Sad
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Such a shame man, was really looking forward to you coming and really wanted to see this. Ahh well hopefully it will be sorted very soon, and now you have a whole. Year to make this even more epic Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Bet you must of been gutted! I was really looking forward to seeing this. But still, there's still a few more shows this year!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I still have my old head in the garage. Not sure in the state of it. Will have a look later.
Thanks given by:
Gutted it never made it man... Proper gutted! Sad
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 08:43 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: I still have my old head in the garage. Not sure in the state of it. Will have a look later.

He got a head off Ash, I collected it from him at FCS and delivered it to Blackpool with Chris on my way home Smile

It is more than likely on the car now lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Disappointed not to see this, really feel for you. Sad Hope you made it home ok.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
New head, gasket and bolts on, battery didn't have enough in it to start it though. Looks like I've a tiny leak from stat housing too, new stay doesn't seem to seal properly which is a pita.

Waiting for a jump and hopefully get it running or I need to get a train to Glasgow, supposed to be back to work tomorrow
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 03:39 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: New head, gasket and bolts on, battery didn't have enough in it to start it though. Looks like I've a tiny leak from stat housing too, new stay doesn't seem to seal properly which is a pita.

Waiting for a jump and hopefully get it running or I need to get a train to Glasgow, supposed to be back to work tomorrow

My 'stat housing leaked too, nothing a load of instant gasket didn't fix !

Best of luck for decent results once it's jumped !
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
i was gutted aswell. chris and i worked in the pishing rain for months trying to get the car running before sunday. was a shame to see it miss the show.

by the way, what plonker had his diseasel badged up as a gti6?
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 05:57 PM)xav Wrote: i was gutted aswell. chris and i worked in the pishing rain for months trying to get the car running before sunday. was a shame to see it miss the show.

What the white estate with gti6 badges and a hid engine cover?

The one with a gti6 engine hiding beneath that hid engine cover?
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 06:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(18-06-2012, 05:57 PM)xav Wrote: i was gutted aswell. chris and i worked in the pishing rain for months trying to get the car running before sunday. was a shame to see it miss the show.

What the white estate with gti6 badges and a hid engine cover?

The one with a gti6 engine hiding beneath that hid engine cover?

Was going to mention this one..
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
no it was 3 door. white one if i remember correctly
Thanks given by:
Lol.

Made it back safe, ash's head was a good's thankfully and it didn't miss a beat on the drive up. bit of a mission bleeding the pump but after that it held up well.

It's developed a rather annoying rattle at idle now though, probably because i just crammed everything back under the bonnet, but at least it works. Ho hum, what a weekend.
Thanks given by:
Rather annoying rattle...like a bag of spanners? Sounds about right lol
Thanks given by:
Nah, like a nagging "can't believe I own £10 of shares in scotts wheels" kinda noise Wink
Thanks given by:
looks a jazzer,its a shame you couldnt make it
Thanks given by:
Glad its helped you out mate Smile just a shame you couldn't make the weekend.
Thanks given by:
That's right, f*ck you all, you FCS12 attending barstewards. Want to see my pics from the weekend?

Here's the car being examined by the AA guy at Southwaite services. His incident report just said the word "modified" a lot and he didn't look best pleased that I didn't have a coolant bleed point on the heater matrix pipes, what with not even having any heater matrix pipes. He did a sniff test though that confirmed that yes, something between the block and head had gone and no, it wasn't going to make it more than about a mile without spewing up all its coolant again.

[Image: DSCF1986.jpg]

Once he decided he couldn't tow it, what with the lows and all that (which by the way, took about 5 seconds of him going "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, nope") he phoned in for a flat bed to come get it.

It also wouldn't fit on the flat bed. So it's 11pm, having left home at 6pm and only managing 106 miles exactly, and i've had enough, so I tell him to f*ck the bumper and just load it up. Cue lots of damaged paintwork and me signing waivers and FINALLY, at just about 12.30pm, we set off to my parents' house in Blackpool with a view to try and bodge something together with Mr Airey the next day.

[Image: DSCF1987.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1988.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1989.jpg]

So, the next day arrives, I run up to Halfords and get some horrible, horrible shit called Holts Wondarweld and nearly vomit when I open the bottle. It's nasty, filthy stuff but, with Mark's knowledgeable attitude of "f*ck it, just kill it" we fill the coolant system and add half a bottle for a dilution of 5%, the maximum recommended.

Doesn't work. Red shit everywhere, coolant still bubbling. Thermostat removed, engine stayed cold for ages but upon revving to a mere 1500rpm the thing empties itself all over my dads drive and turns it a real red oxide colour. Which he is NOT best please about.

I cry, Mark cries, everyone cries.. and Mark leaves me.

Ash23 on here dropped me a PM saturday night to say he had a decent head I could have for next to nothing but I didn't see it til Sunday morning. Cue frantic texting and phone calls to find Ash and see if he'd brought it with him and purely by chance he did. Mark, the nice lad that he is, ran it back to Blackpool along with a T55 torx bit, a breaker bar and an injector socket. Game on.

Old head

[Image: DSCF1994.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1995.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1996.jpg]

And an all too familiar sight

[Image: DSCF1997.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1998.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2001.jpg]

Finished it at 7pm last night, bit of a hiccup bleeding the fuel pump but got there eventually. Left it idling for half an hour and not a peep out of the header tank. Job done, all fixed, home time.

Bit ghey and soppy of me but massive thanks to everyone who helped me get home. Mark for his expertise and tools, Scott for hunting down Ash, Ash for taking the head on what I presume was the off chance that I'd want it...

You fellas really are a lovely bunch. f*ck you all for enjoying yourselves without me, but thanks a bunch for helping me get home. Legends.

Good news though! I had my own FCS in Blackpool, where were you all?

I did pretty well, 2nd place in show, could have won it but for the damaged paint and the fact that MY RUBSTRIPS FELL OFF WITH THE BUMPY RIDE!?

Was being modest with 2nd place though. Was a good weekend, especially the bit where I cried

[Image: DSCF1992.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1990.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1991.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That story had a sad beginning, a middle I didn't understand, but a happy ending. Glad it's fixed, this is one of my favourite projects.
Thanks given by:
Wow that head looks terrible! I'm really glad you managed to get it sorted and we managed to get something together. Mark - you legend for driving to meet Chris on Saturday and Sunday on your way home. As I said in the text, you'll just have to make sure you come down for another meet soon Wink Pugfest is soon, and then there's always our 306 day at Ace Cafe in the first weekend in August

lmao at the rubstrips falling off - I think Fooby's glad his isn't the only phase 2 with trim falling off all over the place lol
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you have got it sorted fella, and totally gutted you couldnt make it, even after all your efforts Sad
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Darren I was even more gutted when I found out the MTDI was there!

S'ok, roll on FCS13. GT2056, 11mm, HDI rods and box... ninja
Thanks given by:
Good man,
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 09:26 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Darren I was even more gutted when I found out the MTDI was there!

S'ok, roll on FCS13. GT2056, 11mm, HDI rods and box... ninja
Let's just make sure it's all together more than a week before the show next year lol Especially considering your MOT is now going to be close to FCS every year now too!
Thanks given by:
MOT's not a problem mate, I have a friendly tester. Just as long as I don't cut bits of the car off the night before like this time ninja
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear that its all sorted now mate! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,406 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707