Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
lol Tongue
Thanks given by:
Poodle you need a fmic, I'll help with fitting if you want
Thanks given by:
Haha seems a fair deal, lets see what i can find for £20 lol...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If you buy the 1 im watching ill be f*cking pissed off
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Too expensive for me lol. Besides, i've got other plans... ninja
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If you fit it when I'm about I'll lend you a hand, though not sure how much help I'll be
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
That'd be rad, cheers dude! Only a couple of weeks until you're done now isn't it?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yea back on like the 26th may and sticking around until the 11th June then flying out for a trip around Europe, so a good couple of weeks I'm about to stare and shout at things that won't come apart or go back together

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Haha perfect! Might have to recruit you to shout at ninja for me too. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmmm, maybe due an update. Since the last post all i've really done is an oil change. Been several other demands on my time during the evenings and weekends recently, another few weeks of the same to come, but will keep making steady progress with the random aero bits and pieces.

PPC in the park was amazing, as ever, got the car out on track and she was brilliant.
[Image: IMG_8637_zps6135f6b7.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8598_zpsa340a151.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8558_zps320fe883.jpg]

Picked up on a few niggles and areas for development, mainly that the brakes and turbo were cooked within three laps hahah! You may have noticed the odd wheels front and back, i had some issues with the track wheels - two of the valve caps didn't want to let go. I managed to get one off, but it brought half the valve out with it... Sigh. Topped up the pressure on the two with free caps and ran those on the front. Cue epic sliding from the two knackered 3yo balloon-spec winter tyres hanging on for life at the rear and a flat nsf after about 5 laps. Was certainly a laugh though and learnt a bit about car control near the limit.

I found it also needs some work on the suspension - the front wheels felt like they were trying to tuck under the car under hard cornering. Got plans to counter that, starting with a '6 front arb and a few mm back up on the coilies, plus a refresh of joints. Will be tweaking the damping and looking into correction kits for the wishbone geometry, although that will have to wait a while due to the cost. Confused

Haven't achieved much on her since then, took a few pictures the other day, that's about it. They're nothing great, but neither is she, besides they're the only ones i've taken. lol
[Image: DSC_0329_zps5651ecfc.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0323_zps8036f311.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0321_zps37f2cb68.jpg]

That has been changing this week though, as eagle-eyed viewers may have spotted, Steve and I made an adjustment recently, want to get that finished next weekend as Charli and I are roadtripping it up to Scotland in a fortnight. There's a vague feeling in the steering at the moment, my current ball joints have done about 40k so i figure i'll start with those lol, new lemforders are at work waiting to go on. Also in the pipeline are some new tyres, PE2s to be precise, mainly as i spotted camskills doing a full set for £247.16 delivered, not bad i thought!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Everyones clearing out their PE2s to make room for the PS3s so there are some right bargains to be had at the moment! Shop about.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Loving this project there soo much win best bit is how ass it looks but has the power to surprice a few cars when you stage 3'ing it?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tyres were nearly £20 cheaper per corner for being 50 profiles than the best correct size, and going for the higher "V" (149mph over 130) speed rating knocked another £7 off, the f*ck?!

Haha glad you like it Sam, it'll look worse before it looks better! Wink

Stage 3 comes when i've got the money for it, there's £7k of debt in the way of that. So probably next winter lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Its brilliant propper sleeper Smile well get it out the way boyo needs to be done haha
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
do 'eye spy' a cheeky fmic?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You might just do at that. Wink It's not plumbed in yet, just mounted it and mocked up the pipework on Saturday.

Not going full-bore stage 2 yet, need the money spare for a clutch first and for that to happen i either have to save my allowance for 16 months, sell all my spare car parts or do 10 days worth of overtime... I'm hoping a combination of all three might just scrape it in before winter, but it's going to be close.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've just been digging though my drawers and found some bits of metal that look like they would be good for mounts or brackets, I'll bring them along next time im over in case you need any in the future.

Tis an awesome car though and I really am looking forward to any plans you got for it Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Did you use those wheels in the end mate?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
effort for going on track in it without the needed wheels/brakes/suspension lmao

shows how much fun you can have cheap!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Jamie, they would be on the car now if i hadn't slipped a disc in my back recently - i put the pe2s on them. I had them on the front on track, but one went flat a few laps in lol.

Piggy, i've got '6 brakes, avo coilies and '6 rear beam, so not completely unprepared. Could have done with some pads/fluid that cost me more than £6 a set though... Blush Tbf though you needn't spend anywhere near what i have to get a useable track weapon, decent pads and fluid would have made all the difference. Oh yeah, and those wheel things you mentioned lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Occurred to me i haven't done a 0-60 up for this, so did that earlier. Will do it again once the new rubber is on and the road is dry as the traction wasn't ideal - still running knackered, balloon-spec winter tyres lol.

"Stage 1+" map, stripped out, etc:
http://youtu.be/B6YmhwKboQE

Edit: Change that to youtube, stupid failbucket vid player.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol stage 1 whut?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
that sems to pull well mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah? I don't know, getting bored of it tbh, need to get the 'cooler plumbed in.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thread cleaned, let's keep things on topic.
Thanks given by:
Lol missed sumat there me thinks!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I reckon you'll notice a fair difference in MPG once the coolers plumbed in, any idea what turbo this is running?
Thanks given by:
Nope, still haven't gotten around to looking and currently in no state to do so lol. You can come round and have a gander if you like, may as well finish fitting my intercooler while you're there too. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^^ TBH not alot needs doing to finish your cooler. Id guess with the age of the car itll be a GT15
Thanks given by:
Where are you up to with the cooler?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,331 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta