Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
(28-04-2015, 09:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(28-04-2015, 09:22 PM)Poodle Wrote: Don't lie to me darling, you love it when i tease.
Yeah but I keep having to wash the premature spaff off the inside of my onsie.

^^^^OMFG LOL!

Read your thread Poodle and your car looks amazing Big Grin can't wait for some more pictures and maybe videos Big Grin

I have a question though...is that induction pipe strong enough for the suck involved with two turbos?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 09:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(28-04-2015, 09:22 PM)Poodle Wrote: Don't lie to me darling, you love it when i tease.

Yeah but I keep having to wash the premature spaff off the inside of my onsie.

LOL. 

Yeah I moved house, garage and workshop about 4 months ago. SIll not fully sorted now. 
You may have some more time to unpack sir. 

Must be itching to drive it now.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Come down and help us build the workshop dude, can try and finish this too if the weather's decent. Will drop you a text.

Thanks, Highwayman. I don't know if the induction pipework is strong enough, it's copper-reinforced so should be ok, but if not it's not the end of the world as it only cost a tenner.

Too kind, Danny, really appreciate the support. I was itching to drive it six months ago, it's driving me nuts that it's so close and i don't have the time to sort it lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'll just leave this here..

Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Niiiiice Smile
Thanks given by:
Good stuff guys. That first start is so satisfying!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Is that it? Months of waiting for that? Pfft...

Seriously though, well done. Big Grin lol
Thanks given by:
HAPPY F*CKING DAYS!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Hurrah!
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Get in! Now I wanna see some BOOOOOOOSSSST! Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Sweeeeeeeet! Awesome work guys!

So what "stage" is this car?! 4.5? lol
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
saw the first start vid on the book of face Big Grin very well done guys now get it finished!!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Shit hot.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Nice one Smile
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2015, 07:28 PM)Niall Wrote: Good stuff guys. That first start is so satisfying!

its isn't! that moment when you think future or bust!
I bet your buzzing like hell poodle!
Thanks given by:
Got busy in here lol, thanks lads, was pleased that it went with so little fuss and ran smoothly first time. Spent the rest of that day tidying up litle issues, but hit a bit of a wall with the last two electrical issues, as per my thread in the electrical section. For some reason the sidelights don't want to work, any of them... Have checked all the obvious things fuses, bulbs, earths, boards, plugs, etc, all to no avail. Going to try a few things later and see where it gets us, but theoretically she'll be ready for mot in half an hours work, be interesting to see what reality and sod's law make of that theory...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good effort lads.

push comes to shove...just take a feed off the stalk and wack a relay in there and wire into the sidelight circuit??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks like a beast. First start is always most satisfying. I didn't film my first start i was to worries something was gonna go tits up. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 11:20 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Looks like a beast. First start is always most satisfying. I didn't film my first start i was to worries something was gonna go tits up. Lol

That's the exact reason I always film first starts... If it did go tits up at least everyone else can have a laugh... lol
Thanks given by:
Mine went mega smooth I was I bit annoyed I didn't film it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 11:20 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Looks like a beast. First start is always most satisfying. I didn't film my first start i was to worries something was gonna go tits up. Lol

that's why I didn't film my 1st starts in case things went tits up, I have found the 1st few mins to be nerve racking, as you panic a little in case the engine just dies and that's it!
Thanks given by:
good to see its running with minimal  fuss ?bet you cant wait to see what shes got Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Finally got some time to sort out the dash loom, plugged it all in and everything works now. Still got to swap the rest of the interior loom over, but once that's done... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Still no pics?
Thanks given by:
Ok, progress report, including pictures!!!!11!!one!!!!omfg1!! First, here are all the excuses for me not making better progress this last month:

Fix garden
[attachment=23616]

Fix mate's stag do
[attachment=23619]

Fix mother-in-law's car
[attachment=23612]

Fix stage 3 install for Toseland
[attachment=23615]

Fix workbench in new workshop
[attachment=23610]

Fixed fire
[attachment=23618]

Also fixed pugrun and my college course, no pictures of either of those i'm afraid lol.

I realised that last post didn't really explain anything, so... I was told on good authority that the ph2 dash and interior looms are compatible with the ph3 body and engine loom; as you may have guessed by now, they're not. I had numerous problems besides the sidelights issue mentioned above, not least of which was a feed that switched the glowplugs on every minute... without the key in.... Bloody lucky i was sat in the car to see the glowies light flash for a second tbh, could easily have missed it. We'll have less of that, no car fire for me thankyou please. The dash was duly ripped out again along with the ph2 loom and the ph3 loom installed instead, suddenly everything works beautifully, amazing! Rolleyes

Differences between the two bulkhead plugs, for anyone interested (the second one is upside down, but you get the gist):
[attachment=23608]
[attachment=23609]

The downside is that the ph3 interior loom doesn't have plugs that match any of the ph2 electricals, so for the time-being i have no windows, central locking, sunroof, etc, etc. But then most of that didn't work on the old car, so no real loss there lol. Doesn't matter anyway, i can make a hybrid loom in my spare time - everything mot-able works, which is the important bit.

We also investigated a grinding noise when maneuvering, particularly on left-hand lock. Turns out it was mostly the ns droplink catching the inner lip of the steel wheel - i'd wound on so much toe out to make it easy to steer when towing that it fouled, should have got a picture really as it looked proper drift-spec. lol I sorted that out with a bit of adjustment, while i was there we noticed the arb wasn't quite sat central either, so that was fixed with a bfo lever bar. I think i've still got a dodgy wheel bearing nsf, but it's hard to tell with the brakes scraping away where they've been sat. I've got a spare kicking about from a garage clearance, so that can be sorted at work when i take her in for MOT. The coilies were wound up a bit to level out the ride height too, which left us here:
[attachment=23617]

That's right, an actual picture of the actual car, all of it! That's your lot for now, today the dash and interior will be going back in then she'll be washed and booked in for MOT at the first opportunity next week. Woot!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Can't wait, shes looking gooooood!!!
Thanks given by:
I cannot wait to see this at pugfest! Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I love this, it looks absolutely shit but it's gonna be a great sleeper.
Thanks given by:
updates please

this compound build has gone too quiet
Thanks given by:
Keep going.....

needs more pictures Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,253 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta