Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
(20-03-2015, 01:32 PM)Frosty Wrote: [quote='pro_steve' pid='522050' dateline='1426848494']
Quote:Currently using a td05 twinscroll and a gt17, think the gt17 might be a bit small though, time will tell. What van have you got then?

I've got a Berlingo 2.0 90 with the Siemens system, going to stage 2 it and then if the ECU will allow for more fuelling I'll stick a bigger turbo on there. I've found that the land rover TD5 uses a GT2052 waste gated turbo so I'll probably go with that.

Have you got this thing running yet?

That be the same turbo that's on my estate. You be able to practise on my car when I pop up to see you
Thanks given by:
Yeah, exactly the turbo i've already earmarked to replace the gt17. Well, assuming one comes up cheap enough for my ethic lol. Excited about the siemens stuff, need to get Dan's volvo up to you asap.

She's not running yet, don't want to start it before i've got an mot to take it to, close though, will update after the weekend. It's progressing continually, but every job exposes new problems, would have been a lot simpler if i'd just built the system rather than going for a ground up rebuild of the whole car... lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-03-2015, 08:17 PM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah, exactly the turbo i've already earmarked to replace the gt17. Well, assuming one comes up cheap enough for my ethic lol. Excited about the siemens stuff, need to get Dan's volvo up to you asap.

She's not running yet, don't want to start it before i've got an mot to take it to, close though, will update after the weekend. It's progressing continually, but every job exposes new problems, would have been a lot simpler if i'd just built the system rather than going for a ground up rebuild of the whole car... lol

better for you, as you can make changes and iron out other things while you rebuild the car.
Thanks given by:
Exactly that, although i've still got a list as long as my arm of bits i haven't gotten around to lol.

Many things have happened, i can't remember all of it and have photos of even less, but here's what i have got:

Shiny new brake lines

[attachment=22358]
[attachment=22359]
[attachment=22360]

Exhaustings

[attachment=22361]
[attachment=22363]

Intake

[attachment=22368]

Bodged bracket to hold it in place

[attachment=22367]

Ecu box

[attachment=22362]

Close fit...

[attachment=22365]

And both tucked away behind where the ns fog light used to be

[attachment=22366]
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ooo what brakes do I spy there???
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hi-spec 4-pots, forgot to mention those lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oooooo shweet ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
can you not put a bit of a mesh over the hole, to hide the air filter?
Thanks given by:
I certainly need to screen it with something, think i've got an old sieve kicking about somewhere...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-03-2015, 09:36 PM)Poodle Wrote: I certainly need to screen it with something, think i've got an old sieve kicking about somewhere...

If you do that you will actually be running more power than if it wasn't there

(Dum-Dum fact file 14)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've been considering the same location for air filter...but rather worried about water ingress/puddles!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Would water ingress be that much of a problem? The filter would soak most of it up like a sponge and just suck in as a mist no? I sprayed water directly into blueys throttle once to "steam clean" and it didn't die
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
It'd only be an issue if a lot of water got in, rain and the odd bit of standing water/puddles should be OK, but obviously any quantity of standing water/floods will mean that enough would get in to hydrolock it.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Also a lot of dirty water IE puddles. Hmmm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, as above - as long as i drive it with half a brain and consciously avoid any body of water bigger than a small puddle it should be fine. Helpfully i found a bit of mesh in the scrap bin at work that was just big enough, another nice free fix. I've cut the bumper a bit more to tidy it up and plastic welded the mesh into the back of the bumper to keep it all in place:

[attachment=22423]

Those brakes Piggy mentioned that i've somehow failed to snap before now:

[attachment=22422]

All looking a bit busy over this side of the bay now:

[attachment=22424]

As you can see, i've now sorted out the intake tract and all of the coolant and boost piping, all that's really left to do in the bay is a bit more heat shielding and a wg control boost feed for the td05. The reshell is almost complete too, just a few odd bits to sort out like some washers for the exhaust flange, bleed nipples for the rear calipers, finish the centre console, quite a bit of wiring, etc. Also realised i've been a right mong and plumbed the brakes in side to side rather than cross-ways, if that makes sense, so that'll need fixing. Rolleyes
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good work wen can we see a video of this monster lol 
Thanks given by:
Good work mate, hope that ECU box sufficiently protects the ECU.
Thanks given by:
Has the ECU been mounted down there just because thats the only space for it? The ECUs are fairly resilient to water. They have a waterproof plug and the cases are sealed so shouldn't be an issue.
Look forward to seeing this going at Pugrun (assuming it will be ready by then? Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Very soon i hope, Paddy.

Yeah as Niall says, they"re pretty resilient and tbh the box is probably overkill, but i'd rather be sure. It's there because it's the only available space that didn't involve bolting it to the bonnet or directly behind the rad.

I hope it's ready for Pugrun, if it isn't i might cry lol.

This afternoon i fitted the other caliper, stuck some bolts in the beam assembly and sorted out the brake lines. Meanwhile Jonny sorted mounts and drainage for the ecu box and started tarting up the centre console. No more progress this weekend as we'll be helping Fooby move house instead, but i'm hoping she'll be MOT ready by Saturday.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
that looks better now with the mesh,
Thanks given by:
I hope it is as well!! So, sure I've already asked this but what is going on with the map? Im assuming having chronic amounts of boost shoved down its throat, there isn't a "generic" map out there?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I can not wait to see this back on the road. I loved this car so much, its the best car I ever had which is why I had it 18 months, and I was gutted when Jonny said he was just ripping the engine out. Thanks for saving it Alex.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Awesome dood!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So come on, bank holiday weekend, theres got to be an update?
Thanks given by:
Steve's doing custom mapping for me, as ever. Got a "running-in" map lined up for an estimated 175bhp.

Haha yeah she's been saved from the scrapyard twice in twelve months now, Liam!

She would be MOT ready by now if it wasn't for a couple of odd little bits missing, for example one of those brake banjo copper washers. The rest will be cleared up this week, in between finishing moving house, or more accurately, moving garage.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looking good Poodle, nice update with a few pics as a usual, oh, wait...
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, so...

She pissed water out from the waterpump when i filled her up, imvestigation revealed a missing bolt... Blush Irritatingly it didn't stop once i wound the bolt in and tightened it up and as we only had a weekend left to move the garage to the new place this was the final problem; i'd run out of time. As such we sorted the lights and towed her over to Jonny's, where she has stayed, untouched. In the meantime i've been sorting out all the boxes of stuff from the house garage, sorting out the new house paperwork, developing the new workshop and fixing other cars.

We thank readers for your patience and assure you normal service will be resumed at the earliest possible opportunity.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 09:17 PM)Poodle Wrote: We thank readers for your patience and assure you normal service will be resumed at the earliest possible opportunity.

Normal service of updating us with updates that don't contain pictures and aren't actually updates anyway you mean?

Your a git, you know you have the forum getting a semi hoping your gonna update with a video of the car running every time this thread pops up in the new posts.
Thanks given by:
Don't lie to me darling, you love it when i tease.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 09:22 PM)Poodle Wrote: Don't lie to me darling, you love it when i tease.

Yeah but I keep having to wash the premature spaff off the inside of my onsie.

You got a weekend planned of doing something with this that you want help with (when I say help i mean pass tools and make tea)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,253 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta