In car cctv cameras

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In car cctv cameras
Hi guys hopeing you can help going go be looking for some in car cctv cameras really want one in front and rear, prefer one with a screen were I can view footage straight away. On the look out due to a road rage incident last night and resulted in some one kicking my car (mega pissed about it)

So have any of you guys got them or can recommend any?? Cheaper the better Wink

Thanks given by:
there some cheap ones in the bay for £14...inc night vision...but have to buy memory card for it.

I been thinking of getting one for same reason.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Machette>Glovebox>Problemsolved.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Work colleagues have them. And I think they're fitted to some my cars too. Will find out more for you
Thanks given by:
TBH without about 20 cameras your never gonna cover all angles. Try and get something with sufficient quality to give a clear and identifiable facial image otherwise it's pretty pointless really.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 03:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: there some cheap ones in the bay for £14...inc night vision...but have to buy memory card for it.

I been thinking of getting one for same reason.

Any links? I seen some at £49.99 with memory card but not sure on the quality

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0919406019

(23-06-2013, 03:04 PM)Grant Wrote: Machette>Glovebox>Problemsolved.

Or the means that I would be in the wrong, I could of kicked off last night with the guy, I did after he kicked my car he run in to his car and drove off, dick!! But hopefully being sorted via the police given a statement this morning.

(23-06-2013, 03:13 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Work colleagues have them. And I think they're fitted to some my cars too. Will find out more for you

Ok thanks Smile

(23-06-2013, 03:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TBH without about 20 cameras your never gonna cover all angles. Try and get something with sufficient quality to give a clear and identifiable facial image otherwise it's pretty pointless really.

Yer I no what your saying but haveing a camera in the first place will make people think twice about kicking off in fist place

Thanks given by:
any damage to nad?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 03:32 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: any damage to nad?

Yer dint in rear quarter nothing massive but will be able to see it, piss's me off cos it's pretty much mint apart from that Angry

Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 03:37 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Yer dint in rear quarter nothing massive but will be able to see it, piss's me off cos it's pretty much mint apart from that Angry

thats shit man, only bit you cant replace too :/
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 03:42 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(23-06-2013, 03:37 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
'

thats shit man, only bit you cant replace too :/

Yep it's not massive but will be noticeable, never mind just glad I kept my cool and didn't put him on his arse lol

Thanks given by:
yeah definatly, what was the incident about?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I'll try and get it out at a meet once Ive perfected me PDR skills

try this:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0503945710

even has a screen
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
He was going to fast and nearly crashed in to back of me so decide to drive like a twat over taking on hash markings, then under cut about 3 cars in front of me then over some more hash markings then over a pedestrian island, then again over taking about 5 cars on hash markings, to get behind me again to over take me and gain in hash markings, to slam brakes on in front of me I over took him then he come again this time over taking me again in hash markings to slam his brakes on just before a traffic island so I couldn't get past, got out running his mouth off so I decied to drive off at which point there's a massive bang as he kicked my car, so I flipped and went mental at him and he run back to his car and dove off.

But he rung police and said I tryed to run him over Undecided takes piss but apparently he has cctv in his car so hopefully the police can see all his driving and see the truth.

(23-06-2013, 04:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: I'll try and get it out at a meet once Ive perfected me PDR skills

try this:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0503945710

even has a screen

Looks pretty decent £16.99 ain't bad at all, but I carnt help thinking at £16.99 the quality isn't gonna be great??

Thanks given by:
TBH it's not worth doing unless your going to get some quality kit. A poor image is just as good as no image.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 04:53 PM)306carter Wrote: TBH it's not worth doing unless your going to get some quality kit. A poor image is just as good as no image.

But as I said above just the presents of the camera will probably but a most people off

Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 03:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(23-06-2013, 03:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TBH without about 20 cameras your never gonna cover all angles. Try and get something with sufficient quality to give a clear and identifiable facial image otherwise it's pretty pointless really.

Yer I no what your saying but haveing a camera in the first place will make people think twice about kicking off in fist place

It wont as your story proves. Hes still been a knob even knowing he has his own CCTV. Also as we all know all buses are covered in CCTV cameras but how often do you read about some twat attacking someone on a bus and see a great picture of them in the paper from the bus CCTV. It makes no difference to people.

IMO the really cool stuff is the high quality covert stuff that people never realise is there but some of that is ££££
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 05:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(23-06-2013, 03:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

It wont as your story proves. Hes still been a knob even knowing he has his own CCTV. Also as we all know all buses are covered in CCTV cameras but how often do you read about some twat attacking someone on a bus and see a great picture of them in the paper from the bus CCTV. It makes no difference to people.

IMO the really cool stuff is the high quality covert stuff that people never realise is there but some of that is ££££

I do see where your comeing from, hmmmm not sure now if it's worth the bother Undecided

Thanks given by:
I got one off eBay the other week and been using it in the bus to see if its any good before I get one for the car, I was looking at the RoadHawks at first but they're very pricey and after some research it's possible to get good features at less price, if you have a look at one of my other threads in The Couch called "anyone see anything wrong with this" and there is a YouTube vid of some footage from the cam in the bus, its basically a cheapo copy of the RoadHawk 720 but instead of £139 it was £35 off eBay.
My boss seemed to like the idea and he's gone and bought two with flip out screens and "full hd" he's given me one of them to try and been using it past few days in work, must say only difference is the mic quality.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370806447914?s...1439.l2649
^^^ That's my one which I've fitted permanently to the bus. Will take a pic of the one the boss got me in bit and upload.

Must say the one in the eBay link is tiny, and cuz I've wired it in properly its very much fit and forget, it comes on with ignition and goes off with it too. Only downside is no screen, but the bus has reversing cam and monitor so its wired into the monitor but its not something I would bother fitting in the car, its easy enough to pop out the card and slip it into the laptop
Thanks given by:
I might add that with some insurance companies if you have front and rear facing hard wired cameras you can get a reduction in your premium
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 06:47 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I might add that with some insurance companies if you have front and rear facing hard wired cameras you can get a reduction in your premium
Thats why I was looking at the RoadHawks as it states Flux give a discount, but I would be wary of such instances as in the event of a accident it can either exonerate you...... Or crucify you, and in all honesty would you hand over footage that makes it indisputably your fault? And then it could (policy dependant) void your policy if you refused to hand over footage especially if you've received a discount for it.
The eBay ones are cheap enough, you own the device, ergo you own the footage so should you ever be involved in a incident it is totally at your discretion as to wether you offer your footage up as evidence.
Thanks given by:
Quick clip from the cam pictured above the boss got me, not one of the best vids I've had from it but its an example
http://youtu.be/MGEmr77unF0

And the vid from the other cam in the eBay link that I've hard-wired in.
http://youtu.be/Vct3bUEv-EE
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 06:35 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: I got one off eBay the other week and been using it in the bus to see if its any good before I get one for the car, I was looking at the RoadHawks at first but they're very pricey and after some research it's possible to get good features at less price, if you have a look at one of my other threads in The Couch called "anyone see anything wrong with this" and there is a YouTube vid of some footage from the cam in the bus, its basically a cheapo copy of the RoadHawk 720 but instead of £139 it was £35 off eBay.
My boss seemed to like the idea and he's gone and bought two with flip out screens and "full hd" he's given me one of them to try and been using it past few days in work, must say only difference is the mic quality.
^^^ That's my one which I've fitted permanently to the bus. Will take a pic of the one the boss got me in bit and upload.

Must say the one in the eBay link is tiny, and cuz I've wired it in properly its very much fit and forget, it comes on with ignition and goes off with it too. Only downside is no screen, but the bus has reversing cam and monitor so its wired into the monitor but its not something I would ubother fitting in the car, its easy enough to pop out the card and slip it into the laptop

Long quote I apologise.

Dies the one in your eBay link automaticslly record on ignition too? As the description is vague and has a record button. I'd forget to press record!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 12:04 AM)Jenkosowls Wrote:
(23-06-2013, 06:35 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: I got one off eBay the other week and been using it in the bus to see if its any good before I get one for the car, I was looking at the RoadHawks at first but they're very pricey and after some research it's possible to get good features at less price, if you have a look at one of my other threads in The Couch called "anyone see anything wrong with this" and there is a YouTube vid of some footage from the cam in the bus, its basically a cheapo copy of the RoadHawk 720 but instead of £139 it was £35 off eBay.

Must say the one in the eBay link is tiny, and cuz I've wired it in properly its very much fit and forget, it comes on with ignition and goes off with it too. Only downside is no screen, but the bus has reversing cam and monitor so its wired into the monitor but its not something I would ubother fitting in the car, its easy enough to pop out the card and slip it into the laptop

Long quote I apologise.

Dies the one in your eBay link automaticslly record on ignition too? As the description is vague and has a record button. I'd forget to press record!

Looking at the link it says motion detection so guessing it records as soon it detects you moving, i quite like the idea of that but would mean i would have to get a screen in the car so i can view the footage.

Just looking at the video you have to be up close to get peoples reg numbers tho

Thanks given by:
Once wired in, so long as there's a card in it, it just starts recording straight away. The motion detect thing in description doesn't do anything I'm aware of I've got it set to off and it just records on a constant loop 3mins at a time, once the cards full it just starts to re-write itself over and over, just means once you've had a incident you have to turn cam off to make sure it don't overwrite it, or carry a spare card and swap it out.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 09:32 AM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: Once wired in, so long as there's a card in it, it just starts recording straight away. The motion detect thing in description doesn't do anything I'm aware of I've got it set to off and it just records on a constant loop 3mins at a time, once the cards full it just starts to re-write itself over and over, just means once you've had a incident you have to turn cam off to make sure it don't overwrite it, or carry a spare card and swap it out.

How many loops you get on A card?
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Depends on card can put in upto a 32gb but I only got a 8gb in there so I get about 15-20 vids or jus under a hour of footage in total then it just starts to rewrite the earliest vid first and so on and so on
Thanks given by:
In regards to mounting a camera, i was looking for dash cams at one point as theres one spot on my way to and from work that i regularly have people cut infront of and nearly hitting me because they were in the wrong lane at the lights, and i found that if you have a dashcam that is restricting the drivers view (id imagine within the wiper cleaning area) then the video footage can be declared invalid in court as you shouldnt of had a camera in that place to begin with.
Theres a lot of cheap cameras on ebay and i cant really see anywhere on the dash to mount one while getting a good view or attracting thieves. I did see one however that either attaches to the back of your rearview mirror or replaces it as a unit, with 2 little cameras that stick out from the bottom which you can turn like 180 degree either way.
I cant remember what it was called, how much it was but that type of model would certainly be worth looking at if you really want a car CCTV
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EOS digital cameras question for photo guru's 400D Dave 8 1,975 27-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Speed cameras UK. ADV_93 60 10,967 17-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Last Post: ADV_93
  bridge cameras kentiiboii 21 5,789 08-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii