Gearbox issue, reverse????? HELP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox issue, reverse????? HELP
Well , drove the car out of the barn today... let it run for a few mins... then tried to back it up back into the barn..

When i put the car in reverse and let the clutch come up... it feels and sounds like my gearbox is wanting to explode..... feels like its not totally in gear.

it moves backwards for a bit, but i have to put it in neutral.. it just feels really bad... any one any ideas?

forward movement in gear is fine!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not sure on petrol boxes... bit is b there not adjustment on the linkage?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Anything fouling the linkage?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
When i made the downpipe for my td04 it would go into reverse but only just, i had to hold it there lol, turns out it was catching the turbo... I guess yours could be catching something back there?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
thx guys...

your the 2nd one thats saying something could be the problem, darren also had that problem with his setup..

Well have a look tonight... day started out again great...my girls 206 GT, timingbelt snapped on her way to work... im getting annoyed with the French POS cars... time to get an M5 or M3 again Wink

ill update tonight!
Thanks given by:
Get an M3 and get a host of new problems... Stick with what you know!
At least once you sort the problems with the pug, they are more or less dealt with!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I had an M3 with supercharger and over 500BHP, i can dream an M3, and put it together with my eyes closed..

I think this problem will be the linkage, cause i cant see what else it should be... gearbox was fine to start with, only clutchchange done
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car judder at first gear takeoff/reverse fix mangler 1 1,244 04-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Last Post: mangler
  HDI Gearbox Issue Cheese 10 2,775 18-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: miles