N reg 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N reg 306
Hi, so bought the 306 previously stated in the posts, found few minor faults;

Rear wiper doesnt work
Boot is not locking- is it possible for the boot to be locked with the key. Have manually locked all 4 doors apart from boot.

Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like cables that run in the black flexi tube in corner of boot lid is broken .
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:18 PM)306carter Wrote: Sounds like cables that run in the black flexi tube in corner of boot lid is broken .

for wiper motor? Im more concerned in the boot first i need to get the lock working as I stay in a shithole (Glasgow)
Thanks given by:
its a phase 1 306 right? the bootlock has a key hole in it so hopefully thats sorted, although phase 1 boot locks do have an annoying habit of seizing, squirt a shit load of wd40 in there see if that does anything, if not take it apart (carefully!) and grease it all up
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 09:27 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: its a phase 1 306 right? the bootlock has a key hole in it so hopefully thats sorted, although phase 1 boot locks do have an annoying habit of seizing, squirt a shit load of wd40 in there see if that does anything, if not take it apart (carefully!) and grease it all up

Tried working the WD into the lock last night, hopefully it has improved some. How do i get in about the lock? Is it under the wiper motor?
Thanks given by:
Im not sure they are even a lock are they? My ph 1 had a key hole that you could put a key into.but no form of lock mec on the back of it. Wtf is that about? Most pointless feture ever lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Could well be the car has had a new boot and the wiring hasn't been done.

Look behind the O/S C pillar trim and see if all 3 plugs are plugged in then check they are getting voltage at the appropriate times.

Then take the panel off inside the boot and check the wiring there. There's only 2 wires for the locking and 4 for the wiper motor plus 2 for the heated rear window.

If your definitely getting voltage to everything at the appropriate times then check the earth point on the N/S C pillar
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2013, 11:55 AM)puglove Wrote: Im not sure they are even a lock are they? My ph 1 had a key hole that you could put a key into.but no form of lock mec on the back of it. Wtf is that about? Most pointless feture ever lol

there is a lock in there, just doesnt do much, the locking mechanism is basically a triangle of plastic lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2013, 07:52 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(21-06-2013, 11:55 AM)puglove Wrote: Im not sure they are even a lock are they? My ph 1 had a key hole that you could put a key into.but no form of lock mec on the back of it. Wtf is that about? Most pointless feture ever lol

there is a lock in there, just doesnt do much, the locking mechanism is basically a triangle of plastic lol

The heated rear screen is not working, new rear screen it is!
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 09:32 PM)306phase1Nreg Wrote:
(21-06-2013, 07:52 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

The heated rear screen is not working, new rear screen it is!

Boot is still seized, what did you use to undo lock mechanism?
Thanks given by:
wd40 or similar.

Im having all same issues (ph1).

once I get it open....currently locked shut...wiring will be first port of call.

do have a complete ph1 motor with relays though cheap if you want
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 10:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: wd40 or similar.

once I get it open....currently locked shut...wiring will be first port of call.

How many miles has yours done? Mine has seized solid, try putting a plain screwdriver through keyhole, drench hole in WD and leave the boot open upright for a good few hours. Hopefully it works. And how much mate?

(26-06-2013, 10:32 PM)306phase1Nreg Wrote:
(26-06-2013, 10:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: wd40 or similar.

How many miles has yours done? Mine has seized solid, try putting a plain screwdriver through keyhole, drench hole in WD and leave the boot open upright for a good few hours. Hopefully it works. And how much mate?

Just remembered you cant get yours open. DUMBO lol
Thanks given by:
guna try it tomorrow.

its seized before. 145k
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2013, 10:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: guna try it tomorrow.

its seized before. 145k

Im on 197k
Thanks given by: