HDI MAF

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI MAF
Bought a new MAF from a reputable seller on eBay to replace the one on the car as the front element was broken in the current one.

It arrived today and is original Peugeot and the part numbers match, however, this one has no elements in it, but in place of the front one is a small copper coloured diode which has been soldered in. I'm assuming as an after market repair/modification?

Anyone seen one of these? Hoping this isnt an attempt at a "Performance eBay Tuning Chip" that are always sold for petrol engined cars.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Pics?
Thanks given by:
Not the easiest thing to photo! Externally it's the same as the one currently fitted.

[Image: IMAG0471.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0472.jpg]

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Well, have you checked it works?
I took mine of and cleaned it today, quite a lot of crap in there (poor air filters and service intervals I think)
And used an Isopropyl Alcohol cleaner on it, plugged it back in after it had all evaporated off, and it's perhaps a little bit better, but still nothing like it should be. So looking around for a new one now!

It could be a slightly more robust design?
Link to the item you bought?
Thanks given by:
Cheese - you need to get rid of that MAF and get a Siemens VDO unit the cheap units aren't any good. The two elements are what are used to measure the airflow any other component will not do the job as good. A lot of cheap maf's use resistors in place of the elements and won't react fast enough to the change in airflow.

Adam- Try a cotton bud, flatten it in a pair of pliers and soak it in alcohol and very very gently wipe the two elements, both sides.
Thanks given by:
This one is 2nd hand and supposed to be original Peugeot. Realised my 1st post said new, but it's definitely not a brand new part.

Will try it this week and see how it goes. Got to be better than a partially functioning one! Confused
Thanks given by: