Large 50amp fuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large 50amp fuse
Hi all, I've just swapped a headlight bulb on my 96 Volcane td and right behind the n/s front light is a small black box with a rather large 50 amp (yes 50amp!) blade fuse inside, it's definately original factory wiring, any ideas what it's for?
My Haynes manual has no mention of it btw
Cheers
David
Thanks given by:
Got to be for something like starter motor or something
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Cheers Danny,
Could be I guess, I'm not having any problems with it, I just noticed it and wondered what is was for as with a fuse like of that size I guess it'd run a fairground or small powerstation before it blew!
Regards
David
Thanks given by:
the big fuses supply lots of things
there is a few of them there

one supplys half the fuse board in the cabin
one does ABS
one does glowplugs
the list goes on
Thanks given by:
Sounds ominous

I've never seen that kind of fuse kicking around a zx in that area - infact never seen an inline fuse in a box on the entire loom before.

starter motor is not fused

glow plugs are not fused - there is a direct battery feed to the glow plug relay.

could poss be abs if you have it install as it was a factory optional extra iirc - or some other optional extra

Biggest fueses I've seen are for rad fans and heater blower fan which are 30amp - but are in the little fuse / relay box near passenger strut mount
Thanks given by:
It doesn't look like an aftermarket fitment, I'll try and take some photos and put them up.
As I said I'm not having any problem, just curious for what it's for tbh.
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2013, 06:44 PM)Zippy121 Wrote: It doesn't look like an aftermarket fitment, I'll try and take some photos and put them up.

Sorry about the delay, here are the photos!

(15-06-2013, 12:27 PM)Zippy121 Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 06:44 PM)Zippy121 Wrote: It doesn't look like an aftermarket fitment, I'll try and take some photos and put them up.

Sorry about the delay, here are the photos!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: