£3500 compo money, but what to do to my GTi6?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£3500 compo money, but what to do to my GTi6?
Right guys..

Here's the dilemma.
I'm getting £3500 compo money from a crash.
BUT
What do I do to the gti6? Cams? Bodies? Supercharged? Or Turbo her??

Difficult one and im very stuck!

Any advice/opinions would be much appreciated! I don't know any problems/issues anyones had with these things and id like to learn from other peoples mistakes!

Thanks guys! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
If I had 3500 to spend on a car I'd probably spend it elsewhere :p
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 12:26 AM)Bananalad Wrote: If I had 3500 to spend on a car I'd probably spend it elsewhere :p

I am in love with 306s. This is my 4th and I wouldn't swap it for the world! I love her <3 she is honestly amazing haha.

Wow I sound sad!!!
Thanks given by:
Turbo it!
Thanks given by:
Chuck another engine in the rear.. be unique lol
Thanks given by:
For 3500, your best of using goodies, blower kits soak up money like big sponges. You'll end up needing an extra 2-5k

You should manage to get bodies and management for 3.5k
Thanks given by:
Was the crash your fault or someone elses? No point buying shinies if you are just going to crash again!

Epic turbo boost is my choice though!!
Thanks given by:
Realisticly. On that budget your looking at cams or bodies. Your budget wont stretch to S/C / turbo.

Lets take S/C for example. That 3.5k at a stretch will buy you an SC and fitting kit . But then you want another 2/2.5k on top for LSD / brakes / good suspention set up blah blah. So on a 3.5k budget you could do an SC but it wouldnt be very drive able

where as it you do bodie you could have a well set up drivable 6 for 3.5k

my opinion anyway

Oh and realisticly your not going to buy a decent turbo set up for £3.5k

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Better brakes, tyres and suspension.
Thanks given by:
Thing is if your doing it yourself, you could easily turbo it for that cash, but start paying other people to make and fit it all, you would fall short by the time you got the management / mapping...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Turbo ftw
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:21 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Thing is if your doing it yourself, you could easily turbo it for that cash, but start paying other people to make and fit it all, you would fall short by the time you got the management / mapping...

Same with everything, why theres always this silly diesel vs petrol when people compare welding a turbo and turning some screws to buying a kit and paying a mapper?!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Id wait till you get the money, then invest in something other than peugeot lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Save the money and invest it elsewhere.

Failing that you could supercharge it for less than 1500 if you're prepared to do the fitting yourself and designs for manifolds. It's just not with a Lynx kit.
Thanks given by:
New rear beam, bushes, stainless exhaust system, uprated front brakes.

And then spend the rest going on holiday.

All these people wanting to turbo' a GTi6 lump, firstly it's sacrilige and secondly £3.5k is a tight budget to do that on. It'll be bodged.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I personally would save most of the cash and spend a little on treating the car; suspension, exhaust and wheels (this is what I've done)

Smile
Thanks given by:
You can get a LOT of car for £3.5k

Just think about it before you pump all that cash into a car that will never repay it
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Done properly a turbo setup on a GTi6 would be amazing...

It's just that everyone cannot see past GT30Rs for mega powazzz and end up with massive turbo lag, raping wheelspin, wrecking clutches etc...

A simple manifold design, BorgWarner EFR 6255 etc, management etc... But if you get carried away, it's going to cost you in excess of £5k.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 09:34 AM)Ruan Wrote: Done properly a turbo setup on a GTi6 would be amazing...

It's just that everyone cannot see past GT30Rs for mega powazzz and end up with massive turbo lag, raping wheelspin, wrecking clutches etc...

A simple manifold design, BorgWarner EFR 6255 etc, management etc... But if you get carried away, it's going to cost you in excess of £5k.

Is that a dig lol

My turbo is bigger than that as well haha
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah, not a dig lol! That's fair enough for what you want to do and to be fair, you're at least doing it properly and you're fully aware it's going to cost, but for most people, a smaller more efficient unit would give them exactly what they want...

There's this whole stigma attached to turbos of nothing, nothing, nothing.... WHEELYSPINS! Which can be the case with poorly/oversized turbos... And as soon as you mention the word "Turbo" everyone simply assumes forge the crap out of it, strap the back of a fridge to the front of your car, screamer pipe, custom management, antilag and a T3/T4 hybrid or some shit...

A well sized, smaller turbo would perform excellently on a GTi6 engine, just like the 220-250hp Rotrex kits are absolutely perfect for what people actually want, but a smaller Turbo would give you a significantly better midrange and bottom end... Unlike the Rotrex kits where you just chase the RPMs...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
£3.5k to spend.... Yikes!

What can't you do to a 306 with that? Supercharged V6 from a 406?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 10:23 AM)Ruan Wrote: Nah, not a dig lol! That's fair enough for what you want to do and to be fair, you're at least doing it properly and you're fully aware it's going to cost, but for most people, a smaller more efficient unit would give them exactly what they want...

There's this whole stigma attached to turbos of nothing, nothing, nothing.... WHEELYSPINS! Which can be the case with poorly/oversized turbos... And as soon as you mention the word "Turbo" everyone simply assumes forge the crap out of it, strap the back of a fridge to the front of your car, screamer pipe, custom management, antilag and a T3/T4 hybrid or some shit...

A well sized, smaller turbo would perform excellently on a GTi6 engine, just like the 220-250hp Rotrex kits are absolutely perfect for what people actually want, but a smaller Turbo would give you a significantly better midrange and bottom end... Unlike the Rotrex kits where you just chase the RPMs...

Yea man, i get what your saying. Smile

Some people just take the easy route though, hence the SC option been so common now, dont get me wrong, they are pretty good, but like you say, you have to chase rpm to get the things going and thats one of the reasons i have gone down the turbo route.

Initially i was just going for about 400bhp with a GT28 or a GT30, but i had the blinkers on when hunting for a turbo and the GT35 was the 1st thing i saw relitively cheap, i just hope i dont regret buying it.

Dan
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
respray?

seriously though id save that money. one day youll need it and you wont have anything to show for it apart from a '6 with a bodged turbo
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 12:13 PM)Matt Wrote: respray?

seriously though id save that money. one day youll need it and you wont have anything to show for it apart from a '6 with a bodged turbo

True I suppose. I have plenty of money in different accounts, saved for rainy days. This was money I wanted purely to do something fun with..

A respray is on the cards. But it will be getting resprayed blaze. Sorry to disappoint Smile
Thanks given by:
Put all that money in 1 account and watch the interest grow then buy a 2nd car and do it up etc?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 02:09 PM)Zoemilly1 Wrote: A respray is on the cards. But it will be getting resprayed blaze. Sorry to disappoint Smile

Go home. You're drunk.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Why bother respraying it? Dont look in that bad a condition.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
^^^ Especially respraying it blaze.

Thats like taking your dog to the vet with a broken leg, to get its other one broken

:p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Bank the money and let the interest sort you out
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 02:09 PM)Zoemilly1 Wrote:
(13-06-2013, 12:13 PM)Matt Wrote: respray?

True I suppose. I have plenty of money in different accounts, saved for rainy days. This was money I wanted purely to do something fun with..

A respray is on the cards. But it will be getting resprayed blaze. Sorry to disappoint Smile

What does blaze look like?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  power -> money kernow_joe 13 3,389 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub